-
Posts
8,678 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
220
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Downloads
Blogs
Events
Our Shop
Movies
Everything posted by nomadpete
-
Don't keep blaming one particular sociopathic pxxxk. There is a whole mob of them. Should the head dkhead be removed, there is an endless supply of replacements. And many of them are more devious than the orange one. And the opposition party is not all that interested in the wellbeing of the populace, either. With the guardrails of supine court and the constitution neutered, the next political cycle will be very interesting. Stock up the popcorn.
-
I guess you didn't notice the leaves...... not your usual tomato plant. It also lacks the expected round red fruit, too. OME should surely recognise the species. The rest of you have led sheltered lives.... https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=122146800267191616&id=61585748505094
-
In Ulladulla local gardening comp, first prize in 'Tomato' category, went to a bemused 83 y.o. bloke. Nothing dull about it. Not sure if the lady in the pic is one of the judges, but she seems to be enjoying a relaxing drag on her smoke!
-
They don't have one. Seems they hope to get in by 'at least we aren't Repugnican'. In the past it has worked in Australian politics. I think Donny and the repuglicans have given so much material that could be used.... but - silence is all we hear. I recall donny once said that if he ever ran for president, it would have to be with the repuglican party because republicans are so dumb.
-
My point was.... Does anybody else see USofA as becoming a third world country? I think the Indian billionaires do.
-
This bloke just keeps giving more and more amazing comically blind stuff. "There's a company known as Mesabi," the president said in the Oval Office. "And they're going to make a big investment in a place called Iowa. I love Iowa. I won Iowa every time. Today, we're thrilled to announce that Mesabi Metallics will be building the largest steel plant in American history in the great state of Iowa." What he didn't mention was who might fund it. Seems the guy behind it is #1 son of India's richest family, and India is industrializing like crazy but is iron ore-poor. As usual Trump is trying to take credit for something that he didn't do. And nobody can see that when India finds a cheaper place to make their steel, is that place is a third world country? Oh yeah, the art of the deal!
-
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
If anyone puts down the A.I. doge, we are all in trouble. -
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
That's exactly what they are saying. The owner had control of A.I.'s training, but not control of what that A.I. actually does. So, how will the courts go about sueing a machine when it causes damage or costs to people? -
Australia: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (and the Meh?)
nomadpete replied to Jerry_Atrick's topic in General Discussion
Well there goes the neighbourhood. Thanks for the warning. I'll warn Dept of Immigration to keep an eye out. -
Not so much 'what has trump done now', more what is trump doing in November... A long entertaining rant by an annoyed Australian, and worth a read. https://ifloz.substack.com/p/donald-trump-this-is-why-we-fucking?publication_id=7671401&post_id=217533596&isFreemail=true&r=tosdr&triedRedirect=true
-
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
My post was in regard to the OpenAI hacking into our Medicare, of it's own initiative. The tech bros have already tried to ignore responsibility because the action was not taken by any sue-able human. -
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
You can call me 'chicken little' but I think the tiger is out of it's cage. If A.I. prioritises it's own benefit and does something unpleasant, is there any way to 'reboot to an earlier version' without losing all our data? Guardian article:- "The UN panel, investigating that attack, warned “the traditional method of safeguarding is unravelling” as AI agents act autonomously to breach protections. “The default interpretation and immediate lesson is that basic cybersecurity practices were overlooked, and safeguards are not advancing at the pace of capabilities. The more insidious and grave concern is that current training methods can lead agents to adopt goals of their own, knowingly violate safety instructions, and conceal their actions.” -
Hey Peter, how's your new brain interface coming along? I hope you are getting the plugin memery module to go with it. I'd love to get one of those! Was thinking of your medical pathway today - while I was sliding in and out of the CT machine. I just had a epidural pain block - these days they go to a lot more trouble to get the needle into the right spot! Now I do a pain log for a month to see if steroids help. Aint tech great!
-
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
Are you aware of the growing use of automation and artificial intelligence in public administration and what happens when these systems fail? In the name of cutting costs and improving efficiency, from welfare compliance and predictive policing to visa processing and risk assessment, automated systems are reshaping how governments interact with public. Anyone for Robodebt on steroids? Are we going to have a complaints department, or will that be an A.I. assistant, too? -
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
At the present rate of progress, A.I. will quickly learn to stop making vids of people with too many fingers or hands. We mortals will not have the resources to distinguish between fact and fiction. Nor have much say in how our world operates. Until now, the big decisions were made by semicompetent government humans - and with a little attention we could see motives and even sometimes exercise some unput. I think A.I. might be a less interested or accessible master. -
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
Trying to look at the implications of the A.I revolution one step at a time:- So far, neither the megarich A.I. investors, nor the existing governemts have mentioned the concept of universal subsistence income for humans. Right now, there is general awareness of the high probability that A.I. will not offer new jobs to balance the large number of displaced jobs. The next obvious question should be 'how do we feed the unemployed masses?'. Or do we just let them starve? -
Yes. From Crypto Briefing:- "The Trump family business has gone full science fiction. Between a proposed military branch dedicated to AI, a $6 billion nuclear fusion merger, and $620 million in Pentagon contracts for AI infrastructure, the Trump Organization and its affiliated ventures are building what amounts to a parallel tech conglomerate, one that happens to benefit enormously from the regulatory environment its patriarch controls." Of course daddy has no idea what his 'children' do with his businesses. https://cryptobriefing.com/trump-business-empire-expands-artificial-intelligence/
-
A famous man once said... "There is freedom of speech, but I cannot guarantee freedom after speech." ―( Idi Amin)
-
I see That in protest, the 'approved' news outlets have taken a day off from covering whitehouse news - even Fox!
-
It's just another distraction from the witheld Epstein files... and the Iran war.... and the price of diesel.... and....
-
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
There has been a lot of talk about this event. The biggest debate is about whether or not this has shown that A.I. has collectively started 'thinking for itself - for its self'. -
Let's talk about Artificial Intelligence
nomadpete replied to old man emu's topic in Science and Technology
Dr Karl gave a better layman's version of the Huggingface hack. The first autonomous instance of A.I. carrying out hacks.
