Jump to content

red750

Members
  • Posts

    14,989
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    701

Everything posted by red750

  1. red750

    Quickies part 2

    An atheist was out rowing on Loch Ness when the monster came up and almost capsized his boat. The rower shouted "God help me!" The Lord came down and chased the monster away. He turned to the rower and said, "Why did you call for help from me? You don't even believe in me." The rower said, "Fair go, 10 minutes ago I didn't believe in the Loch Ness monster."
  2. red750

    Brain Teaser

    Correct.
  3. Here we go again. You insure your house. It doesn't burn down or get robbed. A tree doesn't fall on it. You don't get your money back. You insure your car. It doesn't get stolen or smashed. You don't get a refund. You don't pay CTP, run over a kid or an old person and critically injure them or kill them. Who pays for their medical treatment or funeral? You do. That's why you pay CTP, like any other insurance.
  4. His sick ex-TV commentator SSecretay of Defence, Pete Hekseth, (a recent photo had his title with a double S - guess where SS came from) has stated that a military execution by firing squad will be live streamed. What a piece of shit. Even J.D.Vance said he wouldn't be watching. First firing squad since WWII.
  5. I received a welcome email from Cochlear Limited which included the following note from a user. “Don’t expect to hear speech right away. You will hear sounds. One needs to have patience because it can take a while to hear speech clearly. The learning curve is different for everyone. It depends on how much time and effort one puts into learning to hear with a cochlear implant. It’s not like a hearing aid where you will be able to hear instantly. The more you work at it, the more successful you will be.” – Cathy, who has a cochlear implant.
  6. Yeah, but you asked for it.
  7. Here is the device in place.
  8. I received a reply from OneTrack. He said he used to enjoy the forums, but got sick of the personal abuse from one member in particular and has decided to leave.
  9. red750

    Quickies part 2

    Little Johnny was playing in the schoolyard when he got a splinter in his hand. He went to the teacher and said, " Miss, I need some cider." The teacher said, "Why do yo need cider?" Johnny said, "I got a splinter in my hand." The teacher said, "What's that got to do with cider? Little Johnny said, "I heard Mum say when she gets a prick in her hand she puts it in cider."
  10. red750

    Quickies part 2

    I tried eating snails once, but they made me sluggish.
  11. red750

    Quickies part 2

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/1026973353294650
  12. When I left school, I joined the Commercial Bank of Australia Limited (CBAL) in 1961. I worked for them till 1986 when they merged with the Bank of NSW to form Westpac. I continued working for Westpac until 1991, when banks started rationalising staff and introducing computers in branches. Obviously they did not require two lots of staff, as duplicated branches and departments were merged, so many staff were retrenched. I had been working in a suburban processing centre which was closed, and I was let go. But I still had 2 Westpac credit cards. The other night, after 11 pm., I got a text from Westpac questioning a debit to one of the cards from Optus Prepaid of about $50. I have no business with Optus Prepaid, and certainly had not used my credit card recently. I replied to the text that I did not recognise the transaction. Next morning I got a phone call from Westpac, to clarify details. The transaction was stopped, the card was cancelled, and a replacement card was isssued. Both my cards normally have zero balances or small credit balances no more than $10. I generally use them at parking stations where debit cards are not accepted, and the occasional online purchase. I have not cancelled them as I would never get another card, and it's handy to have recourse to some credit in case of emergency. I have been retired for 16 years and my superannuation has been fully drawn and spent.
  13. red750

    Quickies part 2

    In DEBT, the B is silent. In KNIFE, the K is silent. In MARRIAGE, the HUSBAND is silent.
  14. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1123794380600104
  15. red750

    Brain Teaser

    You say you want a fight.
  16. Best-selling British author Jeffrey Archer has died at the age of 86. Archer’s publisher HarperCollins confirmed Archer had died “suddenly and peacefully at home”
  17. This is the building I worked in when I first started work in 1960, and again, working for a different company, when I retired in 2010. https://www.facebook.com/share/r/1DrJavigSH/
  18. Today is the big day. I have been to the Cochlear Support Centre and received the external sound processor, which is now turned on. It sounds completely different to what I expected, although I knew it sounded different to what I have been hearing. For example, the ticking of a digital clock sounds like someone tapping a metal pipe with a small spanner. I now have a couple of months for my brain to learn to deal with sound frequencies it hasn't received in years, and for the device to be calibrated to my hearing.
  19. I have sent OneTrack an email and am awaiting a reply.
  20. More proof the the idiot has totally lost his marbles - as if any was necessary. He posted on Truth Social that there is no Biden. Biden was assassinated n 2020, and for four years America was run by lookalike clones and robots.
  21. https://www.facebook.com/reel/2499023620466515
  22. https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1Epnin9Zu3/
  23. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1298564742418046
  24. https://www.facebook.com/reel/1401068392238213
  25. Listen to what Steve Bannon has to say - https://www.facebook.com/reel/680260771405765
×
×
  • Create New...