Where did COVID-19 come from?

kgwilson

Those smoking statistics make fascinating reading. Only Argentina in South America and Egypt, Tunisia, and Algeria in Africa have higher smoking rates than Australia. Almost all of Europe and Asia have very high rates. Amazingly the Indian sub continent has low smoking rates with India itself the 6th lowest in the world. I too hated being covered in smoke at every restaurant & bar in Southern Europe. I think smoking in restaurants is now banned in the UK now borne out by their relatively low rate but I doubt it anywhere else in Europe

• Like 1

Smoking int he UK is banned in most enclosed places, although they are allowed to provide and enclosed, separated area for smoking.. It is nice to go to pubs without the smoke. Although at the time of introducing the ban, there was outrage, not too many people seem to miss it..

Same in Australia although we were quite slow to adopt the non smoking rules compared to NZ. You are not supposed to smoke within 10 metres of a shopping centre entrance & public building & it still annoys me to find smokers there and you have to run the gauntlet while they suck on cigarettes like there is no tomorrow. The smell is quite abhorrent to me now though like many people I socially smoked back in the 60s & 70s when it was considered almost healthy

Latest crazy hoarding story.

I went to my local Woolworths and Aldi stores today. The meat shelves were bare. As I walked past the independent butcher in the shopping centre, he had virtually no meat on display, but his knife flashing was sending off sparks as he tried to prepare meat for sale. Couldn't even get a kilo of mince to make a Bolognaise sauce.

And I'm told that people are buying up dry dog and cat food.

Couldn't even get a kilo of mince to make a Bolognaise sauce.

And I'm told that people are buying up dry dog and cat food.

Would have never have thought to use dog or cat food...…..as long as you put in plenty of garlic and tomatoes it should taste ok ! :stirrer:

• Haha 1

I somehow doubt if the virus was spread from animal to human.

Why now after all the years eating the same foods? I wonder if there was a laboratory somewhere which accidentally released this virus.. You will never ever know as the Chinese tell you nothing except lies..

I'm meant to be flying back to Scotland in May.. Via Brisbane and Dubai to Edinburgh.. Fingers crossed I will be able to..

No I won't be flying to Edinburgh after all. I've just received notification that the flight is cancelled.now have to go to my travel agent and also my insurance.. No idea when to rebook.. Just a waiting game..

kgwilson, Could you provide a source for this?

Much garbage gets posted on the internet and then repeated as if fact

"most bat species in Wuhan were hibernating at the time, there were none available for sale at the sea food market, there is likely to be an intermediate host that has not been identified, no animal there has so far tested positive and probably only a single human was the source".