Brain Teaser

red750

It's kind of a trick question, and you have to read it carefully. "WORD" is in capitals, so the number of letters is in the words, not the objects. "Envelope" has 8 letters, "Postbox" has 7 letters. So the answer to the question is Envelope.

Answer the following question.

Pwhich pof thep followingp plives pin thep seap?

BOLT         CLAMP      SCREW

I'm sure you watched the show Marty.Leave a couple for some of the others. I'll run out soon. Yes, they are opposites.

Which word in the question below sounds like the odd one out, and why?
     Why are you out?

2 hours ago, red750 said:

I'm sure you watched the show Marty.Leave a couple for some of the others. I'll run out soon. Yes, they are opposites.

Which word in the question below sounds like the odd one out, and why?
     Why are you out?

Nope, I've only seen one episode about 3 months ago. 

But I'll leave the rest to others.

Correct Pete, the other three words SOUND LIKE letters, Y, R, U, 'sounds like' being the clue.

A brother and sister take their dog for a walk. The sister jogs at an average of 8 km per hour while the brother walks at an average of 4 km per hour. The dog runs a constant 10 km per hour back and forth between them and he does not stop at any point. After an hour, how far will the dog have run?

2 hours ago, red750 said:

Correct Pete, the other three words SOUND LIKE letters, Y, R, U, 'sounds like' being the clue.

A brother and sister take their dog for a walk. The sister jogs at an average of 8 km per hour while the brother walks at an average of 4 km per hour. The dog runs a constant 10 km per hour back and forth between them and he does not stop at any point. After an hour, how far will the dog have run?

He will have run 10km bur not back and forth between them because he runs past both of them at the start so he never turns back.

• Like 1

Pete is right with this one. The last syllable of the other three are body parts - you have to understand how these questions are devised. You could answer this even if you knew nothing about the towns. All the information required is in the question. The same applies with the dog question. It runs a constant 10kmh without stopping, so in 1 hour it will run 10 km. All the other stuff is just to confuse you.

Which four letter word is missing from this list?

Spot   opts   pots   stop  tops   ????