Sanctions against Russia

Bruce Tuncks

Peter, they wouldn't be orphans in that respect. There's some God-awful lack of accessibility for servicing in a large proportion of the highly-engineered items we buy today, such as vehicles.

The only thing I've ever seen, that had a modicum of thought put into accessibilty was the old mans 1959 Triumph Herald. The forward-opening bonnet that gave you total access to the entire front end and engine was a marvel to anyone he showed it to. It's just a shame that the Standard-Triumph company didn't put more quality into their engines, and make more profit out of what they did build.

1 minute ago, onetrack said:

The only thing I've ever seen, that had a modicum of thought put into accessibilty was the old mans 1959 Triumph Herald. The forward-opening bonnet that gave you total access to the entire front end..

I wasted many days sitting on the driver’s side front wheel of my 1961 Herald, trying to balance the twin Carbs. It was only ten years old, but a wreck.
I somehow kept it going for a year or two, then abandoned it by the roadside in total disgust. A couple of month later some bloke sent me actual money, because he wanted to buy it! This impoverished student couldn’t believe his luck!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

Putin says he will support Lukashenko if there's an uprising in Belarus by the people.   Nev

So he’s saying stuff what the citizens want, they’ll stay in a dictatorship. 

Very sad to see Russia continuing it’s age-old strategy of using it’s neighbours as a buffer zone against the outside world. 

They still haven’t learned what other nations have: that if you play nice with the other kids your life might be better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Koreelah said:

So he’s saying stuff what the citizens want, they’ll stay in a dictatorship. 

Maybe I have misread this, but I can't see too many people wanting Lukashenko nor Putin... The military are the only thing keeping him in power there.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

It's a difficult question I know, but surely you are unelectable if you really are mad? Even Trump was not that crazy. I dunno about Putin, but his caution about getting bumped off by one of his own  bodyguards is obvious, so surely he will not want to be nuked?

I've just read some accounts from students who shared with insane room-mates, and they did really insane things like smash a hole in a wall because they were "trapped". None of them would have been elected or made dictator, in fact they generally dropped out.

Gosh I hope to be right here. Funny how the fate of the world is hanging on just how crazy Putin is or is not.

57 minutes ago, facthunter said:

HE only kept the seat warm for Putin.   Nev

That was the presidency, then he went back to being PM again. When putler got those constitutional changes through he demoted the clown to deputy chairman of the security council. Didn't even trust him to be chairman. The biggest joke is that when Medvedev was president, the west thought they had it made and that he was pro-western. He turned out to be a sheep in wolf's clothing.

• Like 1