Sanctions against Russia

Bruce Tuncks

Ukraine continues to win on the battlefield. Putin continues to try to break their will by destroying civilian infrastructure. The EU just passed a resolution declaring Russia a terrorist state. The UN General Assembly has demanded an unconditional withdrawl by Russia from Ukraine. Only Belarus, North Korea, Eritrea, Syria & Russia voted against the UN declaration. the G20 leaders have denounced Russias aggression in Ukraine.

Putin is now more paranoid than ever fearing for his life from his own henchmen. Russia is running out of missiles and the army hasn't the will or the training to fight. Ukraine is telling people in the East to get out for their own survival this Winter, a smart move. 

It does not look like the West will stop the supply of weaponry so if there is a lull over the Winter there will be a major Spring offensive which I reckon will result in Putins demise, Ukraine regaining all of its territory inclusive of Crimea and a peace deal that will require major reparations from Russia.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

One concern is whether the current level US aid to Ukraine will be maintained after the GOP takes control of the House of Representatives. There are a significant number of Republicans who would be happy to undermine both Biden and the Ukrainians.

• Agree 1

Photos of the 300klm range MGM-140 ATACMS missile that Ukraine needs but the U.S. has not supplied. It can be launched from the wheeled HIMARS (capacity one missile), or the tracked M270 (capacity two missiles). In the first photo, you can see one clever feature. The large ATACMS missile pod has a blank covering to make it look like the smaller MLRS 227mm rocket pods, so it would appear as a lower value target to enemy reconnaissance.

From current Ukrainian positions, the ATACMS would cover all the Russian occupied land, including Crimea to the extent of the Kerch bridge.

ATACMS-MLRS_US-Army.png

FiQ3KFrWYAEL7OT.png

Edited by willedoo
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

Putin faces missile crisis as Russian army may only have enough ammunition to last a month

Read more here.

Let's hope they're right. Another big impact on their supplies of artillery shells has been Ukraine blowing up Russian ammo dumps with HIMARS missiles. Very soon after Ukraine received the HIMARS, the daily rate of Russian artillery shelling dropped significantly. Not only the dumps in the rear being hit, but also rail and road logistics needed to get ammunition to the front. The Russians have lost so many trucks, they're starting to use a lot of civilian trucks according to some reports.

• Informative 1

The Belarusian foreign minister has died suddenly at 64. He'd just returned in good health from the Collective Security Treaty Organization meeting in Armenia with Putler. No details of the cause of death were released. Tea or window? Or maybe he followed the other trend of Russian public officials with a five bullet suicide.

• Like 1

The muddy conditions they are fighting in is reminiscent of Passchendaele in WW1. These photos are the defender's trenches at Bakhmut. They say in a few weeks the mud will freeze for the winter and conditions will improve.

FifaqZ4WQAM797O.jpg

FifarZYWYAEGQlB.jpg

Some Video:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1596534680383197185

Edited by willedoo
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

The Belarusian foreign minister has died suddenly at 64. He'd just returned in good health from the Collective Security Treaty Organization meeting in Armenia with Putler. No details of the cause of death were released. Tea or window? Or maybe he followed the other trend of Russian public officials with a five bullet suicide.

As evidenced by the special military operation, they're so incompetent these days, they need to shoot themselves 5 times to do the trick.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

The muddy conditions they are fighting in is reminiscent of Passchendaele in WW1. These photos are the defender's trenches at Bakhmut. They say in a few weeks the mud will freeze for the winter and conditions will improve.

FifaqZ4WQAM797O.jpg

FifarZYWYAEGQlB.jpg

Some Video:

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1596534680383197185

I would be asking myself what  am I here for?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I was wondering why the didn't look too forlorn.

The Ukrainians have been defending around Bakhmut for months, with the Russians assaulting their positions. As far as I know, the Russians haven't held it at any time. Wagners have been at it there for a long time, but now they are throwing recruited jailbirds and heaps of the mobilised into it to soak up bullets.

I recon the Russians will get a big shock when winter proper sets in. They haven't got decent winter gear and are hardly fed. A lot are suffering from malnutrition and Ukrainian drones have been spotting heaps of them suffering from hypothermia. And winter is only just starting.

• Informative 2

9 hours ago, kgwilson said:

I wonder if we would do the same today?

I don't know about other countries, but I suspect in a calamity we might find that our most vulnerable are the younger adults in the cities. Although they have the energy of youth, a great many are totally dependant on the 'system' and have not had exposure to needing resilience or suddenly adapting to major changes.

The old, on the other hand, have experienced a lifetime of adapting to a changing world and therefore would be more resilient in a survival situation.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1