Sanctions against Russia

Bruce Tuncks

Spoken as though they have an army left.  It's NOT a WAR though. Just a "SPECIAL Military Operation" for 3 days. That of Course was a bare faced  Lie to the UN and all and sundry and which forced otherwise reluctant east European Countries to want to join the Hated NATO. Great Judgement Vladimir.  You're a Bl@@dyGenius.   Nev

• Like 1

I've heard of instances where an arse Transplant rejects you.. He's been a perfect R sole already. Right up there in the high scores for killing people. It sort of suites the cool tough guy image.  I think Tony ABots "shirt front" threat had a big effect on him. He's a hard man, OUR Tony.  Nev

• Like 1

Abbot was, is and remains a dork. His main claim to fame was his ability to provide political caricature artists with a great subject to be exploited which they did with great aplomb especially his ears. When the shirtfront comment appeared in the media most people had no idea what it meant. I remember one cartoon that showed Abbot & Putin with Abbot saying "I stopped the boats"  & Putin responding with "You won't stop mine". How things have changed. Putin has bugger all boats left to do anything other than his Nuclear subs.

• Like 2

Another Russian magnate has died falling out a window. This time it was in India. Pavel Antov a multi millionaire was a member of Putins political party & briefly criticised the war in Ukraine (he originally called the attack on Kiev as terrorism). It was suicide apparently as he was depressed when they found his friend dead surrounded by lots of empty wine bottles. The FSB will be celebrating. They got rid of 2 in one go.

• Sad 2

Here's a question: this video was posted on Twitter and shows vehicles on a train in Poland bound for Ukraine. Most of the Humvees and some of the trucks don't have doors, so why would that be? The only thing I can think of is that they are removed for transport, yet there are a few Humvees with doors still on them.

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1608026160369381376

Willie, doors are removed for patrol work in dangerous territory, as it makes egress from the vehicle much easier in the case of coming under enemy fire.

A regular door is good for bugger-all protection from bullets or mine/rocket blasts (unlike an armoured vehicle door), so you're better off not having to fumble for door latches when trying to hit the deck in a hurry. Or worse, the driver is hit, the vehicle runs off the road and hits something, and the door gets jammed shut.

Edited by onetrack
  • Informative 3

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

Willie, doors are removed for patrol work in dangerous territory, as it makes egress from the vehicle much easier in the case of coming under enemy fire.

A regular door is good for bugger-all protection from bullets or mine/rocket blasts (unlike an armoured vehicle door), so you're better off not having to fumble for door latches when trying to hit the deck in a hurry. Or worse, the driver is hit, the vehicle runs off the road and hits something, and the door gets jammed shut.

Thanks, onetrack, that makes sense. I read that the Humvees on the train were the unarmoured models.

• Informative 1

There's been a lot of water under the bridge since this photo was taken. It shows Russian helicopters in Belarus about to airlift airborne troops to Hostomel near Kiev, to start Putin's three day 'Special Military Operation'. It was a d*ck swinging day for the Russians, who had packed parade uniforms for a victory parade in Kiev.

Now, after 300+ days, master strategist Putin's only plan is to spend 700 million dollars to launch 120 missiles so Kiev is without hot water for eight hours, while his army advanced not one inch. Actually, I forgot the other part of the plan: dig defensive holes in the ground and fill them with conscripted alcoholics.

FSUNBnqXsAERQsY.png

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

It seems the Indians have changed their minds about the 2 Russians who died there, one supposedly from getting too p!ssed & the other from depression by falling out a window (as they do) because his mate carked it. They are now investigating both deaths. Given Indias relationship with Russia whatever they find will be sanitised to be acceptable to Putin. I certainly can't see the real truth being published.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Apart from the murder, deception, sheer nastiness and trust (lack of) Putler's JUDGEMENT is called into question all through is sorry matter.. Places where some Russians live  will wonder if a similar false flag venture is their future and decide to act first. Nev

Nev, I think we can see the game plan here. If the West gives an inch in their support and it goes to some sort of negotiated cease fire of the type appeasers like Macron are seeking, Putin will use the break to regroup and hit it again. The Russian position is inflexible and maximalist, despite the weasel words coming from the Kremlin. Putin won't give an inch until he achieves his goals, so why should we. His only concern is with equipment and munition supply in the long run. For him, human life is expendable and he's prepared to waste many more Russian lives to get what he wants.

His total defeat in Ukraine is the only way out of this mess. If we let him off the hook, he would be planning to take Ukraine and Belarus, incorporate them into the Russian state and combine their armies. That would turn the tables and make his fears NATO's nightmare instead. Belarus would be a pushover for Putin as Lukaschenko is as dumb as dog sh*t. He knows it could be coming but is too weak to prevent it. The only thing there that would thwart Putin's plans is that a lot of Belarusian people are not stupid and want Luka out. They also wouldn't want to be part of Russia by any means.

It seems lately that Kazakhstan has woken up to Putin's plans and are distancing themselves from Russia with some strong words and actions. Some speculate that if Putin had the success he originally planned in Ukraine, Kazakhstan was to be the next on the list.

Edited by willedoo
  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Quite true, Wille.. And while I was thinking, the only way to end this would not opnly be defeat of Russia in the sense of the war, but also, at least Putin jailed for war crimes. However, there would be many more in line to take his mantle and continue his style, as it is learned from the KGB/FSB, etc. I was then thinking the only way would be to install an opposition pollie as president/prime minister, however, wouild Navalny be able to achieve true reform that both Gerbochev and Breshnev couldn't (although the latter was a drunk)? Liek the middle east, I fear Russia is going to be a problem for a long time come. It seems to be in their blood.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

however, wouild Navalny be able to achieve true reform that both Gerbochev and Breshnev couldn't

Short answer is no. Navalny is a deadbeat, and I think the Western powers now know that. They'll be looking for someone else, but I have no idea where they will find a suitable candidate. Harsh words on Navalny I know, but he really isn't the one. Apart from his lack of widespread support in Russia, his past would come back to haunt him for sure.

When it comes to regime change, the West needs to stop looking for flavour of the month poster boys and start having a real good think about suitable candidates.

• Like 2

Heard a BBC journalist based in Moscow today comment on what the Russian population think. He said his team had travelled widely through the country talking to people. His view was that a very vocal 10% or so were fully behind Putin, while a less vocal 10% were totally opposed to the war. The rest were being fed a steady diet of official propaganda but also hearing lots of stories and rumours that were making them feel uneasy, but not enough to take any action. Basically they were trying to ignore Putin and the war and just getting on with their lives. His view was that the longer this drags on the more likely the silent majority may start to show some real opposition to what’s going on. No doubt Putin is well aware of that risk too.

• Like 1
  • Informative 3

I had sort of come to that very same conclusion. I was thinking, say Aus launched an unprovoked attack on, say NZ after, it became known Albo became a right royal, commo (I am not saying he is, by the way) and had already managed to secure more and more internal control and had the full backing of the military as he unjustly enriched those corrupt senior officers, who managed to marginalise the good guys (I can feel a novel coming on). He has already commandeered what (in this story) was the national treasure, the ABC, and basically has either bribed or deposed Stokes, Costello, and Murdoch, and then deposed the litany of irritating independent media organisations/youtubers, and of course, implemented controlling censorshiip of the internet,  so that whenever you got onto youtube, it played Waltzing Matilda, This is Australia, a bunch of John Williamson songs (and Kevin BW songs after 9pm) as well as some salvos for the CLP (Communist Labour Party - note fictional).. And anyone who merely mentioned the "Special Tasman Unification Project" as anything other than a being at the acquiesence of the NZ population, lest a land grab to get all that fantastic trout they have there ended up in a luxurious hotel for one night, and, with a 100% hit rate became so depressed, they had to commit suicide from a) "falling" out of a window; b) throwing themselves down stairs, or c) by shooting themselves 5 times in thee back of their head... How would we react? I would suiggest, given the way politics has gone in the last decade or so, not much differently to the above.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

While I don't agree Tennis Aus took the wrong advice last year with respect to Djokovic, I do find myself in agreement with the ex Sports minister's view on banning Russian players from the Aus Open (and other sports for that matter): https://www.theage.com.au/sport/tennis/djokovic-welcome-but-russians-should-be-banned-says-former-liberal-sports-minister-20221230-p5c9fu.html - A rare agreement with any senior official from the ex LNP government, I have to say.

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1