Well known personalities who have passed away recently (Renamed)

onetrack

Oldest person ever | Guinness World Records
Jeanne Louise Calment (France) lived 122 years and 164 days, the greatest fully authenticated age to which any human has ever lived. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

William (Bill) Anders, now aged 90, the Apollo 8 astronaut who took the famous ‘Earthrise’ photo in 1968, was killed when his T-34 crashed into the sea yesterday.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

A person with his  background would be  very familiar with keeping in good health. You don't fly for fun IF you are feeling off in any way when you're highly experienced. While I said you CAN pull a lot of "G" in a loop you don't HAVE to.  Nev

• Like 1

I'd like to know the real statistics on suicide: Aerobatics at 90?   May well have been an intentional accident. But suicide of a young person?   a different thing entirely...

Here's how to get lots of people at your funeral...  you die first!

There's Records of that crash  He was too low and hit the water at a fair angle at speed. The "G" force may have affected him but the loop was entered too low. He had the option of rolling out of it at one stage, but once you are past that point you will go in IF you don't have enough height.  Nev

Either way..

He died doing what he loved and in a way that reminds us of his achievements that will forever affect life on Earth. His Earth rise photo changed the way we see the fragile planet that sustains us. It gave a huge boost to the environment movement and science that is fundamental to our existence.

That one photo is far more important than a footprint on the moon.

I hope they bury his plane with him, it's what I'd want as my coffin.

Edited by Litespeed
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I don't want to cause others trauma

Bad luck, cause the death of those we know always causes trauma. Don't you get a pang of sadness when another name is added to this list? You might not know the well-known personality personally, but they are part of your life. Do you really feel the same pang of sadness when you hear on the news that people in some far-off land have died in some catastrophe?