Crikey it’s wet

pmccarthy

I expect that if the weather is somewhat normal, the temperature will remain above 30 C until autumn where I am. It's 3:45 pm (2:45 sun time) and the temperature is 28 C. But a fairly firm wind has been blowing all day, so the windchill factor is keeping the apparent temperature below 25 C. The shade temperature can be in the mid-30s or above, but if there is a wind blowing, those temperatures seem bearable. Of course once the temperature gets to 37 C and above the direction of heat flow is from the atmosphere to the body - basic thermodynamics.

• Like 1

True, 

But on a hot 🔥 day the bitumen is 50 C or more and riding is like sitting Infront of a giant heat gun. Add heavy traffic in the concrete jungle and it's bloody hot and sucking hot exhaust fumes.

Add proper riding gear and it's easy to cook yourself. Big jap fours also tend to pump the heat onto the rider behind the fairing. Rider comfort seems a low priority for some makes.

The BMW bikes normally have vents to direct the air for comfort cooling or warming when needed.

At least on the water I get a nice cooling effect when the wind blows.

Having said this- any donations of European registered bikes will be greatly appreciated.

• Haha 1