The Elon Musk rorting continues ...

onetrack

"Threads" is already in trouble. Ghostery sent me a link to a PCMag article pointing out that Zuckerberg is up to his normal scammy tricks - stealing all your data without your approval.

"Threads" makes Farcebook look tame when it comes to tracking you without approval, using all your data without your approval, and possibly keeping a lot of information on you that they're not entitled (or legally allowed) to keep. However, none of the regulatory hurdles seem to bother Zuckerberg.

https://au.pcmag.com/social-media/100704/is-metas-twitter-alternative-a-privacy-nightmare

• Informative 1

• 3 weeks later...

The clown is about to do it again. He wants to ditch one of the world's most successful brands for his decades long obsession with the 24th. letter of the alphabet. He is contemplating getting rid of the Twitter brand name and the bluebird logo and using X instead. His obsession with the letter X is creepily similar to his mate putler's fascination with plastering Z over everything.

It goes back to his old company X.com that merged with Confinity, the founders of PayPal. The new merged company went under the name of X.com with Musk returning as CEO until they sacked him (he was sacked as CEO of X.com before the merger). With Musk out of the way, they grew PayPal successfully and sold out to eBay. In 2017, Musk bought the domain name X.Com from eBay and has been itching to use it ever since. Meanwhile, he has SpaceX, a Tesla model X, has just launched a company called xAI, and he also named his son X and his daughter Exa. Now he's plastering X all over Twitter. I doubt anyone could destroy a company as effectively as Musk is doing even if they intentionally tried. The guy is a child. And a fruitloop.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Only on FB, which supplies most of my silly pictures, silly signs and quckies.

There is a mural on Canterbury Road, corner Springvale Road, featuring Mohammad Ali, Danny De Veto, baby Yoda and Elon Musk. I posted a photo a year or more ago. Must photograph it again. Red paint has been splashed over Musk.

• Informative 2

On 24/07/2023 at 11:38 PM, willedoo said:

The clown is about to do it again. He wants to ditch one of the world's most successful brands for his decades long obsession with the 24th. letter of the alphabet. He is contemplating getting rid of the Twitter brand name and the bluebird logo and using X instead. His obsession with the letter X is creepily similar to his mate putler's fascination with plastering Z over everything.

It goes back to his old company X.com that merged with Confinity, the founders of PayPal. The new merged company went under the name of X.com with Musk returning as CEO until they sacked him (he was sacked as CEO of X.com before the merger). With Musk out of the way, they grew PayPal successfully and sold out to eBay. In 2017, Musk bought the domain name X.Com from eBay and has been itching to use it ever since. Meanwhile, he has SpaceX, a Tesla model X, has just launched a company called xAI, and he also named his son X and his daughter Exa. Now he's plastering X all over Twitter. I doubt anyone could destroy a company as effectively as Musk is doing even if they intentionally tried. The guy is a child. And a fruitloop.

If he keeps this up he'll soon be an X-billionaire 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is there a real example of a "self made man?"

coming to mind are Bond....  nahhh, fails the test

That microsoft guy?  ....  Nahhh, also fails the test

Obama?  closer, but also fails!  He  got the negro vote without really being part of their culture... Obama was actually brought up by a white granny.

Trump? He fails too, by more than Obama for sure.

• Agree 1

I reckon Obama would be hated by lots of black kids in the US. I can almost hear their ( black ) granny say. " you get off that black ass n do some work...  you could be president! Personally, I would have supported Hilary but Obama was a good president I reckon.

• Informative 1

The clown has lost his giant flashing X sign that he had erected on top of the X (Twitter) HQ building. In his typical arrogant and obnoxious form, Musk erected the X a few days ago, much to the disgust of local residents in neighbouring apartment buildings. The X sign was illuminated at night, extremely bright and with intermittent periods of strobe flashing. Typical of Musk; he knows nobody likes his X so was determined to rub it in everyone's face. The local council received complaints, so ordered it taken down and will be issuing fines for it's erection without local authority permits and approval.

https://abc7news.com/twitter-x-sign-taken-down-bright-light-sf/13578182/

• Like 2
  • Informative 1