Poor David Cameron, not getting good press at the moment.

Phil Perry

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abbott Announces New Rebate Scheme For Rooftop Coal-Fired Power Stations

spacer.png

Australians who install coal-fired power stations on their roof at home will soon be eligible for a Government-funded rebate, under new plans unveiled today.

Speaking at the program’s launch, Prime Minister Tony Abbott said the initiative would become the centerpiece of a range of Government policies designed to address the country’s future energy needs.

“Let’s be up front about this, the world is changing. So we need to think differently about how we generate our power needs into the future,” he said.

Mr Abbott said the new scheme was innovative and cost effective. “What this new scheme does is allow ordinary Australians to generate their own electricity, reducing their reliance on more traditional forms of energy, and lowering the monthly bill at the same time”.

Homeowners will be eligible for rebates of up to $5,000, depending on the size of their power station.

Environment Minister Greg Hunt said the scheme will mean production and emissions levels at large-scale coal-fired power plants will fall. “We expect carbon emissions in some stations to fall by as much as 30%. That’s above and beyond the targets set by many other OECD countries,” he said.

Mr Abbott said as part of the new initiative rebate schemes for solar panels will be scrapped. “People can still install solar panels if they wish, but there won’t be a rebate. They’re unsightly and ugly, so we’re trying to discourage them”.

http://www.theshovel.com.au/2015/08/13/abbott-announces-new-rebate-scheme-for-rooftop-coal-fired-power-stations/

Not sure what is to like about that load of BS.

Not sure what is to like about that load of BS.

You understand it's satire, right?

Abbott and Hockey are on record as being appalled by the "ugliness" of wind farms, while they staunchly support open cut coal mining and fossil fuel power sources. The satire flogs this ludicrous attitude.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Yup, Abbot is a real silly billy.

I actually think Abbott is an intelligent person, but regrettably as we so often see, intelligence is overruled by deep ideological (conservative in this case) convictions.

In Australia you can be moderate-left, or moderate-right, and get away with it. Step outside that boundary and you're going to be turfed by the electorate.

You can be his greatest fan, but for those who don't accept the reality that Oz is a generally moderate society it's going to end in tears.

You understand it's satire, right?

Abbott and Hockey are on record as being appalled by the "ugliness" of wind farms, while they staunchly support open cut coal mining and fossil fuel power sources. The satire flogs this ludicrous attitude.

Yep that is what you think it is, I think it is more LWL crap. Can you substantiate any of your comments?

I actually think Abbott is an intelligent person, but regrettably as we so often see, intelligence is overruled by deep ideological (conservative in this case) convictions.

In Australia you can be moderate-left, or moderate-right, and get away with it. Step outside that boundary and you're going to be turfed by the electorate.

You can be his greatest fan, but for those who don't accept the reality that Oz is a generally moderate society it's going to end in tears.

I agree, he is very intelligent. I mean he has been a silly billy with some of his captain calls and they way he doesn't seem to take any advice from advisors. Also as an example, the way the gay marriage thing has been handled probably could have been handled a little better. IMO adults can marry who they choose, it their choice and nobody else's . But it isnt my decision, taking it to the voting people to decide is going to cost over 100 million which could be better spent elsewhere

Ps- And get me started on the Adler shotgun debate where he has temporarly banned the import of an legal lever action gun.

Difficult I believe. Not so easy to insure big dams either. They are working on a few "fail to off "nuclear plants that. have you noticed how much safer modern jets are compared to the Wright Flyer. It Must be possible to build better nuclear plants than a lot of the rubbish that failed. Spent fuel can be reprocessed over and over. It's NOT WASTE. Waste is something you haven't yet found a use for. Nev

Since over half of the end cost to the consumer is the distribution grid. THAT might be a real consideration for the future planning and reliability. South Australia is high wind power. You have to place it where it gives it at the general times you want the power. Storage is available some more expensive than others and new technologies are coming on all the time. When the power is basically cheap and clean you can waste some and it's not the end of the world. Hydrocarbons are high energy density, but even so the amount of fuel I've burned in aeroplanes would make me cringe if I added it up.. Nev