Celebrating Positives (offset of the Gripes Thread)

Jerry_Atrick

A positive,  I thought the big wind, had blown away my

' mower airfilter ' . Lost forever.

Then  found  down the carbi throat. It wouldn't run with the carbi blockage .

As soon as it was replace in the right place it works .

spacesailor

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Litespeed said:

Today was beautiful sunshine, blue skies and calm water.

The fish were jumping and Dolphins cruising the passage.

Some young kids caught a 2 ft baby Bullshark - returned to water, on the dock. I hope they gave it a kiss, so it remembers not to eat them in puberty.

Sat at my friend's cafe- water views, and read a book with a group of Lorikeets 2 ft away.

Did my enforced exercise of rowing the 12ft tinny 500 m each way to dock. Only possible if timed with the tides.

The shitty Parsun 9.8 outboard is DOA. New carb and coils, prop, starter unit, service.

Or replace with a  15-30hp on a newer tinny?  A fishing platform and bimmini would be nice.

The tinnytanic had a hole open up from a previous owners excursion at speed into rocks. 

A trip to the local Aerospace hardware provided salt grade Kneadit expoxy and fixed in 20 minutes. 

The old Savage is unsinkable with 4 floatation seats built in, each day I thought shit it must have rained heavy last night. Then have to bail for ever. 

Amazing how easy it is to row after scrapping the growth off and fixing a huge leak.

Until it's repaired or replaced, I am at  natures whim getting ashore.

On a day like today it's magic.

Tuesday night however, was a rocking 10knot current with the tide running, fortunately the way I wanted to go. The bugger is like landing a glider, you either be precise and land the ship as you fly past or your fucked and over

shoot.

No second chance.

Stop it stop it!

You make me jealous.

And jealousy is a curse.

Will I ever pluck up the courage to cross the strait and hop my way up the coast?

• Like 1

I went into a flat spin today. I couldn't get any sound from videos on YouTube. Since I don't have a TV installed, I get my entertainment via the 'Net. My first thought was that my sound card had given up the ghost. So I resigned myself to only being able to watch videos with no commentary. I thought that would soon get boring, so I decided to find something else to do during the evening. I've got a stash of scale model aircraft and things, so I spent some time organising a space to work on them.

I had shut down the computer and taken the speakers away, but I can't go too long without being on this site. So I booted up and I noticed that the speaker icon at the bottom right of my screen had a big X on it. So I shut down the computer again and reinstalled the speakers then booted up. The X was still over the icon, but when I clicked on it I found that the sound control was on "mute". I was able to unmute it, and now, after posting this entry, I'm going to fo look at videos on Youtube for the rest of the evening.

• Sad 1

The kids gave me a set of bluetooth headphones for Fathers Day. I have it paired to my computer so I can listen to Youtube and other videos without interrupting or annoying them. I bought a bluetooth TV transmitter but when you plug it in the headphone socket it cuts out the speaker so the others can't hear the TV. It only cost $9 on eBay, so no big deal. I have an expensive bluetooth transmitter which operates with my hearing aids, so I can hear the TV and not require the subtitles, and the kids can still hear the TV. In fact I don't need the TV so loud which is good for them also. The headphones are also paired to my iPhone.

When my son works from home (3 days a week), his computer is next to the TV in the family room. I can mute the TV and listen through hearing aids/bluetooth without interfering with his calls.

• Informative 1

Awful day..

The sun was shining, dolphins swimming and the birds were in full larakin mode

Had a young friend drop in for a fish from mates houseboat.

1 1/2 hrs, 5 Jewel fish, I flathead, I bream.

Bloody hardwork drinking beer and chatting. 

None were big enough to keep bar one who whilst undersized, swallowed the lure, so will die anyway. 

Jew fish fillets for dinner tomorrow.

Life is hard somedays... apparently.

IMG_20240911_233350.thumb.jpg.7fe6de5da9d9761a513ce67a1b65c23f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Men's Shed.

I've been thinking about going back to my local Men's Shed. I stopped going after I made an absolute ass of myself through a social gaff. Luckily, since then I have been doing some self-analysis and have identified what changes I must make in myself to be socially acceptable. However I am still a bit reticent about going back.

The other day I bumped into the president of the Men's Shed. He came straight out and asked me when I was coming back. I had heard on the grapevine a while ago that he had told my BIL that I was welcome back. I told the president that I would see about dropping in next week. I was still uncertain if I would.

Then on Friday I was visiting Mum at the aged care place where she lives.and stopped to talk to a male resident. He's a Vietnam vet. As we were talking he mentioned that blokes he had been talking to at the Services Club reckoned he ought to go to the Men's Shed. Getting there would be a problem for him. As we spoke I got the idea that it would make it easier for me to make an entrance if I had a companion. I could also help him by introducing him around. So we decided that we would go for a reconnoitre next Wednesday.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, old man emu said:

I made an absolute ass of myself through a social gaff.

We all make arses of ourselves every so often.. It's pretty rare people hold grudges (unless it's really bad). I would suggest from the president's reactionn, you have probably read more into it than was there.

Enioy your return to the shed.  And what better way to do the community a service than to bring along the Vietnam vet?

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Agree 2