Celebrating Positives (offset of the Gripes Thread)

Jerry_Atrick

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

How'd you do the corners? Slip tongue?. Oak is good  stuff Heavy?  Nev

Hey I'm no expert. Jointing? Mitre saw and epoxy. Yes tassie oak is heavier than slash pine but is is only trim and only big enough to stiffen the 1/8" plywood. I don't think it will impact the GTM.

And apart from using up waste timber, I avoided a trip to the hardware store which always seems to cost more than planned. Mostly because of impulse purchases, but that's a different argument

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Litespeed said:

Had two great nights in a row on the deck

We eat, chat, drink and view the giant aquarium nature provides.

She has a solar light just above the water that does many colours

The green attracts the plankton which....

We just love watching nature at work, it's better than any movie.

Best show and perfect company

Thanks for sharing.

I love dusk. It is the most beautiful part of the day. We often take a bottle of wine and crackers down to our viewing platform to watch the forest creatures going through their bedtime routine. Down here we get a delightfully long twilight.

And when we are on the water - usually try to anchor alone in a quiet cove. Then we watch the stars and reflections.

Thanks for the tip. I'm ordering a little colour change floodlight right away!

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Those Jellyfish tend to dominate places where the oxygen in the water is too low for other marine life.   Nev

Sounds possible. I really don't know. But I have seen plagues of big jelly fish in Moreton Bay - and that wasn't likely to be oxygen starved. The outboard motor struggled through them!

And if they are migrating, how does a brainless creature know how to gather in large numbers and all head off together?

Oh, the positive? Well I  think it's  a positive that I'm not swimming with them!

Edited by nomadpete
Added a + to qualify to post in the thread.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, pmccarthy said:

Haven't you heard of Taylor Swift concerts?

Taylor WHO?

I heard media comment that anybody who hasn't heard of Taylor Swift must be living under a rock. And that the Trump brigade were paranoid that Taylor Swift might endorse Biden when she went to the footy. Is she some sort of influencer?

I think I am happy to live under a rock.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, facthunter said:

Critters have a way of multiplying when conditions suit them and excluding other species when the circumstances more favour one than the other. . One example being Gum trees.  Nev

Or humans.....

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

In  places of more education and womens's RIGHTS the population growth is negative..    Nev

That, in itself is frightening. Having lived in sprawling outer suburbs teeming with breeders, I know it is true.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Is she some sort of influencer?

Try buying a ticket to one of her coming concerts and you'll get an idea of how much influence she has over the younger generation. A recent survey in the USA, about 33% of respondents aged between 18 and 29 were fans. The sample size wasn't given. That is a sizeable voting bloc.

• Informative 1