Vic State politics.

red750

A huge outcry at Dictator Dan getting the top gong in the Birthday Honours list. Jeff Kennett has written to the GG to have it rescinded.

In another story, the Suburban Rail Loop has driven the state into financial abyss, another Metro rail tunnel linking the Epping line to Werribee under Marvel Stadium is being mooted. It's not funded, and the state is already destitute.

• Haha 1

Jeff  Kennet did more damage to Victoria than anybody I know of.. He's become a bit of a joke. Takes himself too seriously. Nobody in politics should try to influence these awards. He's just grandstanding..  Nev

• Agree 1

No honours for this guy. Has survived 10 years with a disease that has a normal survival  of 27 months. Has raised millions for MND research. He is no longer able to speak and has no use of his hands, but still manages to smile. Where is the logic?

NeilDaniher.thumb.jpg.e869570b0d6267c95819bcce07126cdf.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, red750 said:

He is no longer able to speak and has no use of his hands, but still manages to smile. Where is the logic?

Someone (a member of the public) has to nominate him.   After this, the Council for the Order of Australia then makes a recommendation to the Governor General    You can only get an honour if a member of the public such as yourself nominates.    https://www.gg.gov.au/australian-honours-and-awards/frequently-asked-questions/frequently-asked-questions-order-australia

You can put in a nomination at any time so go for it.

17 hours ago, facthunter said:

Jeff  Kennet did more damage to Victoria than anybody I know of

And to the Hawthorn Footy Club.. Alienated its best players and arguably its best coach...

But he does have a redeeming feature, I suppose - he is the founding chairman of Beyond Blue - only found that out now.

I haven't looked at Vic debt lately; will do so tomorrow if I remember. I

39 minutes ago, facthunter said:

That's SKY news OME. ANY FACTS there would be accidental.  Nev

The story in the newspaper is probably factual, but I acknowledge that the comments of the panel members towards the Victorian Public Service might be a smidge biased as typical of Sky News's track record.  

Thats a silly statement if ever there was one.. Andrews took notice of the medical people  and being cautious is better than "Let her rip" like Brazil and Trump and  Boris Johnson did... Fried hamburger lobbed hand grenades at Andrew and lost the safest Liberal seat in the Country. as a consequence. WE didn't know a lot about this virus. back then. I doubt facts will register  with you but I'll still keep trying,. Nev

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, red750 said:

Vic Labor could be worse than Trump, Hitler and Putin combined, but don't say a word against them. Nev will get upset.

I am completely perplexed by this statement.. The facts simply don't  support it. Despite the MSM, especially Murdoch, waging a bitter personal campaign against Dan Andrews and then Labor (there goes your can't say a word against them theory), Victorians kept voting them in.. in increasing numbers.. 

I don't recall any of the crap that any of those you think life would be better under happening in Labor's time. 

But hey, go and live in the USA under Trump, Russia under Putin (or better still, Ukraine), or somewhere like Syria which does have a leader that is somewhat similar to Hitler.. or Nortk Korea.. and then tell us life is better..

Edited by Jerry_Atrick
  • Like 1

RAVE On. Union membership is way down on what it used to be and the workers HE represents do some of the most dangerous Jobs in the game. I don't particularly like everything he does but IF your kids worked in that Industry you'd see things a bit differently.   Do you prefer the  way things are done in Saudia, where Hundreds of workers die on the Job who come in from overseas, so they don't matter.  Nev

Edited by facthunter
spelling
  • Agree 1