United States, Where do you go now?

old man emu

8 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Does this pave the way for the new Pres to save gazillions of dollars that is presently being wasted by the entire legal system?

No, quite the opposite. It means that every rule and law can only be made by elected legislators. It might mean that every would have to be debated and passed in the seats of government. Using Australia as an example, everything would have to be passed by the House of Representatives and Senate before being signed into law.

What it means in practice is that the power to make rules for the operation of laws which the politicians delegate to the public servants expert in the particular field has been taken away.

I wonder how that ruling will affect Trump's plan to strip the current US public service and replace it with people his administration selects. 

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Early days yet, and I  am sure there will be clarification coming. 

All I can say at this stage, is either the alleged sniper needed more practice, or they might have been a really great shooter. To get just the tip of a target's ear? Wow. And now look at what all that publicity does!

I say that from the perspective  that there was a bunch of trained secret service agents present. And probably private ones as well. They should have been scanning constantly for threats. And multiple shots but only one near target? Any reports of others injured, with him surrounded by noddies?

I may end up eating my words.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Informative 1

From Galatians 6:7 in the Bible (King James Version): “Be not deceived, God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”

Which can also be thought of as :  sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.

He's encouraged violence. The shooter should go to Hell .... for missing.

• Sad 1

Let's look at this in a positive light. Only two dead, the event can't be added to the "mass shootings" count for this calendar year. You need 4 dead to count as a "mass shooting" event. 

What's the bet this exercise will lead to a massive surge in gun and ammo purchases, and more people joining the NRA? "There's a lot of dangerous people out there, you gotta be able to defend yourself!"

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Don start carrying a firearm openly, now, too. What does surprise me is that this "assassination attempt" hasn't happened earlier. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Damned Democrats. They are so incomptant they couldn't even organise an assassination even when they have the whole military arsenal at their fingertips. (The best, of the best, Sir!). On the other hand it just might have been one of numerous unfortunate misguided nutter attendees at the rally.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

It will guarantee he gets elected unless he goes too far and directly accuses Biden of being involved. Funny I mentioned assassinations of US presidents 2 days ago on some forum.. ESP?? On the vid of the incident he got up a bit dazed and then realising the situation put up his defiant act . Never let a good opportunity go by.. This will stew, fester and be used right up to the election.. It's a MAD place over there. 2 are dead already . The alleged shooter and someone else. IF he'd died he would be the NEW Christ and there'd be a civil war.  The previous one never really ended.  Nev

• Sad 1

Donald doesn't let an opportunity go by. He had the Secret Service surrounding him on stage and trying to get him off stage. In the footage you can hear him say "wait,wait, wait!", then he turns to the camera and does a series of fist pumps and what sounds and looks like the words "fight, fight, fight!".

• Sad 1

His head will be buzzing, not from his sore ear, but by what a great marketing opportunity this is and how he can capitalise on it. Nevertheless, it’s a sad event that should not have happened and in addition to Trump’s near miss has resulted in innocent bystanders being killed and injured.

Edited by rgmwa
  • Agree 2

This photo will possibly trade mark the moment when Trump won the election. They'll squeeze every last vote out of it. If anything, the shooting will drive a push for a higher Republican voter turn-out in November. They will try to get every last Trump supporter to show up at the poll with the slogan "Remember what they did to your President!".

GSZqP1-WIAAteJU.png

• Agree 2

That's how lucky you get When DOG is on your side Wonder if the gun laws will change? .Probably scared the $#!t out of him. Now HE might know HOW PENCE  felt. Doubt he'd even give it a thought.   Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, willedoo said:

Donald doesn't let an opportunity go by. He had the Secret Service surrounding him on stage and trying to get him off stage. In the footage you can hear him say "wait,wait, wait!", then he turns to the camera and does a series of fist pumps and what sounds and looks like the words "fight, fight, fight!".

I saw that, he definitely said "f..., f..., f...!"

• Haha 1

There's very few buildings where the rally took place and it makes you wonder why the Secret Service weren't on every roof. It seems incredible that the shooter was able to get up on a roof 152 yards from a protected ex President and get shots off. People on the perimeter of the secured area saw the shooter crawling on the roof and pointed it out to police before the shots were fired.

GSahX0lX0AANWMQ.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

4 hours ago, willedoo said:

This one will probably be a better campaign photo as it shows the whole flag in the background.

GSZtUOWXEAAGZU_.png

The wounded, patriotic but ever-defiant hero!

Never misses an opportunity for a bit of self-promotion. No doubt he'll give away signed copies to everyone who donates $1,000 towards his bandages now.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

I predict some Maga nut job will now start selling bullets with Biden engraved on them.

Then they will try and shoot Joe.

The Maga mob and Don will reap what the sow, sadly that will advantage them

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1