United States, Where do you go now?

old man emu

He didn't care at all for the risk that the secret security people take to protect him, popping his head up and pumping the fist.

If the first easy seen guy was a decoy, his melon might have exploded

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

GSZtUOWXEAAGZU_.png

A couple of years ago, in the thread God Help America, I mentioned my late wife's "so-called" Cousin Bill. He is part of "cousin Donald's" security contingent. I could be mistaken, but I have a strong feeling that "cousin Bill" is the guy in front of the flag.

• Informative 3

Trump's campaign has got a big boost from this assassination attempt and his wounded hero photo, so where does that leave Joe and the Democrats? Now they can't even criticise Trump as a threat to Democracy and would-be dictator as they did before without being accused of inciting violence, especially if Trump changes his tune and starts preaching about the need for unity as he seems to be planning for his Convention speech. Joe's job suddenly got a lot harder, and whether or not he steps aside for Kamala Harris or someone else probably won't make much difference at this point. Still, with four months to go, a lot could happen. 

• Agree 2

If Trump wins, that young bloke who shot him will go down in history as a Republican hero, who will be remembered for getting Trump elected probably more than Gavrilo Princip, the Bosnian Serb student who assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand, is remembered for his part in triggering WWI.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, rgmwa said:

Trump's campaign has got a big boost from this assassination attempt and his wounded hero photo, so where does that leave Joe and the Democrats?

I think you'll find them up a certain creek.

• Agree 4

58 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

Bloody depressing isn't it.

Cheer up Marty, it's only four years and after that his only influence will be if the Republicans win in 2028. If he wins this November, Trumpism will dominate the Republican party for some time beyond his term.

• Informative 1
  • Sad 1

Again, apparently, Vance, once a critic of Trump, is now more Trump than Trump. So even if natural causes take the orange dickhead, we are in for a rough ride. Then, as he would only be a stand-in, Vance could stand for two terms on his own.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 2
  • Sad 1

That's the problem.  There'll be a conga-line of Trump wannabees in the Republican party to keep this festering disease going.

Apparently this JD Vance must have once had half a brain because in 2016 he called Trump an "idiot" and "America's Hitler", but somewhere in the last 8 years he lost it.

All we can hope is that Trump does something so monumentally stupid or disgusting that not even his rusted-on supporters could handle it.

• Like 2

This morning’s news that Jack Black and his band are in trouble due to a comment made on stage by one of them.

i would not like to be in their shoes when they get home. They will become the targets of his mindless minions no doubt.

i wonder will it get as bad as Europe where people who disagree, disappear in the night when he gets back in charge.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

Abut time we woke to the right to free speech.

Not just free speech by the privileged.

Free speech for all, as long as the speakers are accountable for outcomes of their words.

Trump is NOT the TYPE to share the limelight. As Mary says "IT's ALL about HIM" . Anyone so far who's done Trumps bidding has been subsequently dumped and those who refused risk Hanging.. . They want to replace the main operatives with a bunch of Trump R's lickers no matter how distasteful that seems so get in quick or you won't be in the IN group...Nev

• Agree 1

How would you vote if a political party n Australia indicated that it would sack large numbers of current Public Servants and replace them with people from outside the P S? We know that workers in the USA don't have the job security protections that we have, so it is an impossibility here, but not so in the USA.

The next consequence of sacking current staff is that all their experience would be lost, which would cause the administration of the government to do a crash stop. I'm not talking about upper level administrative staff, I am looking at the staff who do the little tasks that make a government department run. For example, I recently had to change some details on my car's E-tag. I went to the appropriate place (Service NSW) and the first person coming to my assistance wasn't experienced in what was needed to be done, but called on a colleague who whizzed through the process while showing the first person what needed to be done. If that second person wasn't there, my need would not have been met.

It doesn't take much to bring a complex machine or organisation to a standstill. Ever had a dirty terminal on your car's battery?   

• Like 1