Artificial Intelligence - The Sorcerer's Apprentice

Yesterday I read about the Google woman who was giving a speech about AI and was interrupted by her own Google assistant on her phone. I was reading the article out to my wife and the Google assistant in our kitchen piped up asking if we wanted to know more about AI.

• Haha 1

I don't talk to any computer or phone. I can have enough interaction with them just using keyboards and buttons. Voice-actuated "assistants" are something I don't need - and can't use anyway, because of my deafness.

Plus, I wouldn't trust either MS or Google with my voice record. It's bad enough the level of hidden tracking they carry out now. And don't get me started on Farcebook, I treat them like a black snake.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Marty_d said:

Case doesn't matter. When I tried it told me there are two R's.

The point is, each AI is still learning. It is young but gradually it will learn to spell as poorly as the rest orf us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I find it hard to imagine what kind of amoral person devises improved human killing devices for war use. Some of the acoustic anti-personnel mines would have to be amongst some of the most evil inventions anyone ever designed.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As to the question of , " what crazy person/ dictator would start a nuclear war " .

The answer is " there's hundreds of unstable people , wanting to end their misery , & would take us all with them for company " .

While a teenager I definately was one , " not "  to give the yanks " red button " to .   ( goodbye cruel world ) .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
  • Like 1