Who's driving Miss Daisy?

They were an environmental nightmare in Sydney. It costs thousands to pull them from the harbour where they had been dumped, or from trees where they had been thrown.

Having them available is a good idea, but nobody considers the morons. 

• Informative 1

SO ! .

Your expensive ' Autominus EV ' that can satisfy other people's need will be well looked after . Just like those trashed bikes .

Your nice $3,000 suit you donned for a special night out . Could end-up with something nasty on-it .  From the previous user of your car .

spacesailor

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spacey people already rent out their cars through schemes like Uber car share  https://www.ubercarshare.com/au/en/rent-my-car      These schemes do work and they do have protections in place.  There are also schemes GoGet. I have used both of these schemes.

Sure bikes and scooters do turn up in odd places although I believe this has moderated as we get used to these schemes.  I do take notice of these things as a keen cyclist. Both in Geelong where I live and in Melbourne for the most part, it works.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

10 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Ladies bike?  Crossbar is a lot lower.  (If you can still get that style.)

I had a friend who said he always gave girls a dink on a ladies bike and asked them to sit on the bar.

• Haha 1

These days there are more choices re crossbars on bikes. My bike has a mid crossbar which is somewhat lower than a traditional "mens bike".  I have seen plenty of men riding what would have traditionally been called a women's bike.  

• Informative 1