Music videos

It wasn't until I watched the above clip a second time that I noticed John Fogerty plays three different guitars in the clip with a bit of clever cut and splice happening. All Les Paul Gibsons but different. If my memory serves me well, John Fogerty often has multiple guitars in different tunings on stage when performing.

Edited by willedoo
  • Informative 1

You did it again Jerry.

I'm playing nostalgic music,

Sipping some Grant Burge, watching a casserole simmering in the camp oven on the fire. Fresh clean air after a light shower of rain. This time camped on a property near Silverton (Broken Hill).

No light polution. Stars, and satellites in the inky black sky.

20240725_170830.jpg

20240725_152850.jpg

Edited by nomadpete
added pics
  • Like 1
  • Winner 1

If you watch the new Mad Max, check out all the vehicles.

You will note some sidecar motorcycles. Why?

The main designer and builder of the mad designs is a friend who spent three years making them.

You may know him as Peter " bluey" Selke. He is the designer and builder of championship road  and dirt racing sidecars and capable pilot/ rider.

If it's a winning sidecar it's likely  a Selke chassis.

In my mad youth I would be a practice 🐒 on the sidecars. A few laps was like doing 10 rounds fighting a gorrilla. You have never felt G forces till you hang off a LCR with F 1 grip for dear life, helmet a inch from the track.

Not for the faint of heart, a single timing mistake can mean sudden death.

Youth, wasted on the young.

• Informative 2

The White Stripes, Meg and Jack White. A low overhead band with just one guitar, a drum kit and a few amps. They can make a lot of noise for just two people. Meg White's drumming was always a topic of much discussion. Critics called it simplistic, but when it pulled apart it's brilliantly simplistic. She's won one Brit Award from six nominations and six Grammy Awards from eleven nominations and made it onto Rolling Stone's list of '100 Greatest Drummers of All Time'.

This bloke give a good explanation of Meg White's drumming:

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...