NT

willedoo

Indeed.. The leader looks to have lost her seat; There aren't many seats in the Territory, but the CLP has taken most easily. Looks like the Greens may get one (last time I read - but it was a tight race).

Wake up call for Albo (as if he needs one).

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

It's a State matter and NT always has worries with paying for things and usually requires extra support from the  rest of the Country..  People wanted a change after about 9 years  It's pretty rare to get what you'd call a GOOD government in the NT.  Nev

• Informative 1

It's a rare event to get a 3rd term in Govt in Australia. No doubt the big businesses are rubbing their hands over the huge increase in opportunities to shove unpopular business decisions through in the NT, now.

Edited by onetrack

Like I said, Albo tried to divide the country into ' native & immigrants'. 

A little more immigrants to natives in all the elections.

I hope the ' independents ' have a field day and have a say in how the country

is run .

spacesailor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

Like I said, Albo tried to divide the country into ' native & immigrants'. 

A little more immigrants to natives in all the elections.

I hope the ' independents ' have a field day and have a say in how the country

is run .

spacesailor

Sadly - what Albo did was try and unite the country. Poor campaigning + the willingless of people to swallow absolute lies from the No campaign (aka Dutton) either played to ignorance or existing prejudices.

Be careful what you ask for, Spacey - most of the indepdents were for the Voice.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

Our election here in Queensland is in two months time. Going by the polls there's a good chance it might be the next Labor loss. If the LNP get in, it will only be their second term in government in 26 years.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The Territory Meme is now hard Law and Order. Not sure that's going to work long term.  NT Labor was too disorganised. .  The NT population is About 245,000. It's not like any other place in Australia in many ways.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I wonder how involved the indigenous population was in the election. Obviously there are those who try to provide leadership through being involved in politics more actively that the average person. But what about the average indigenous person? It must be difficult to be bi-cultural when it comes to involvement in the European way of politics.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1