Welcome back Nev.

red750

That's what painkillers are for, don't try and "tough it out", take the recommended product and dose, and if it's not working for you, let them know, pronto.

I was on Tramadol (synthetic opiate) for the pain when I damaged the bursa in my left shoulder, and it's bloody horrible stuff, it leaves you constipated and feeling substandard - but it works. You just have to get off it, as fast as you can.

You new knee should be coming good soon, you've just got to live through this crap in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I tore a couple of tendons in my shoulder and had rotator cuff syndrome, I couldn't lift my arm above the shoulder. I couldn't reach to the higher cupboards to get or put away a plate or a dish.

I was prescribed morphine injections directed by ultrasound which eased the problem. The effects lasted nearly six months for each injection, and I only required three. My last one was before the pandemic. 

• Informative 1

Morphine has never worked for me. That's the one they usually rely on ultimately.. Anyhow keep going while you still can. You'll always find plenty worse off.  Just to complicate the situation further my wife had a stroke and has had her eyesight affected. . .  Nev

• Like 1
  • Sad 3