Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

2 hours ago, Marty_d said:

dummy... ball gag... Have you noticed the item yet OME?

I saw something on the bedstead which I thought was the ring of a dummy. I've seen the ball bag on other vehicles usually hang from the tow bar. I couldn't see if there was a towbar.

50 minutes ago, nomadpete said:

BTW are handcuffs all keyed alike?

Talking about Police handcuffs, a set from a particular manufacturer use the same key, but that key will not fit into another manufacturer's cuffs.

Why only one key design? So that anyone who needs to release the cuffs of another can do so. In my time, handcuffs were a personal issue and had a serial number that was noted in my record of appointments issued along with my firearm. Every so often a sergeant would call for me to produce my appointments for inspection and the serial numbers would be compared with the record.

Sometime it would have been handy to simply hand over a prisoner to another constable and get that constable's cuffs to replace mine. But trying to get each other's back would be difficult if you didn't work from the same Station.

• Informative 1

2 minutes ago, old man emu said:

I saw something on the bedstead which I thought was the ring of a dummy. I've seen the ball bag on other vehicles usually hang from the tow bar. I couldn't see if there was a towbar.

Talking about Police handcuffs, a set from a particular manufacturer use the same key, but that key will not fit into another manufacturer's cuffs.

Why only one key design? So that anyone who needs to release the cuffs of another can do so. In my time, handcuffs were a personal issue and had a serial number that was noted in my record of appointments issued along with my firearm. Every so often a sergeant would call for me to produce my appointments for inspection and the serial numbers would be compared with the record.

Sometime it would have been handy to simply hand over a prisoner to another constable and get that constable's cuffs to replace mine. But trying to get each other's back would be difficult if you didn't work from the same Station.

Ball GAG not ballbag... the thing hanging from the bedstead is a handcuff, hence the ball gag joke.

31 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

the thing hanging from the bedstead is a handcuff, hence the ball gag joke.

I'll have to put on my high-heeled stilettos, 'cause that one went right over my head. To quote Pauline ......

I would guess most other states are similar to Queensland where handcuffs are restricted items under the weapons act. But in the good old USA where in most states you can arm yourself to the teeth, handcuffs would be a non issue.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Ball GAG not ballbag... the thing hanging from the bedstead is a handcuff, hence the ball gag joke.

Marty it's unfair to expect an expoliceman to associate ballgags with handcuffs..... unless they happen to be an ex vice squaddy.

Anyway the cuffs in the funny pic don't look like the playtime kind - no soft fluffy padding.

Edited by nomadpete
  • Haha 1

The population didn't start to increase till about 200 years ago. People didn't live long either.  Now WE know what causes it. Go forth and multiply must have a sunset clause. Kids cost a fortune to raise.  Nev