Silly Picture Thread.

Phil Perry

I find that photograph most depressing. I can see all those blokes carking it before their three score and ten. What has happened to our young people?  I can't take the high moral ground because I'm no Adonis, but I was never that obese.  

• Like 1

I was too Physically active to be fat as a youth. I cycled, ran,  walked and swam in surf a lot. Todays kids get taken everywhere in Mums war tank Land Cruiser that never gets warmed up properly . Never see the poor little darlings walking or on a pushbike.  Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, old man emu said:

I find that photograph most depressing. I can see all those blokes carking it before their three score and ten. What has happened to our young people?  I can't take the high moral ground because I'm no Adonis, but I was never that obese.  

I think it's photoshop, not the pie shop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Marty_d said:

Someone told the AI - make a pic of obese guys in cyclist gear.

Yep and not very well done. Note the man with 2 left legs and the back half of the bike missing.

IMG_1884.thumb.jpeg.9ab46f448522d13727fbfae11d2ff8a7.jpeg 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It is a REAL problem, when you look at the average middle-aged male in Australia! It's not common to see a fat dedicated cyclist though, most seem to be lean and wiry.

But there's a few local blokes who pedal around the local blocks, who definitely look like the above. Got to give them credit for getting out and on their bike, though.

45 minutes ago, onetrack said:

when you look at the average middle-aged male in Australia!

Is twenty the new middle-aged? In the 19th Century, overly obese people were exhibited in side-show alley Freak shows, along with the bearded lady and Wild Man from Borneo. Nowadays you can visit any shopping centre to play "Spot the Thin Man."

What amazes me is that it is common to see a family group where the adults are obese, yet they have children. Would you call the male, "Long Prong?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, red750 said:

It's hard to believe anyone can be this stupid.

oldshark.thumb.jpg.4413abbf9275b0137133966e812937f3.jpg

Nah. It's about the easiest thing to do.

Do you remember that during the Vietnam War, the Yanks traded really good Zippo lighters with the Aussies for BIC lighters?

• Sad 1

I can recall doing some contract work for a farming family named Hoare. I always thought how unfortunate it must have been for the Hoare women - introducing yourself as Mrs Hoare, or even worse, the offspring being referred to as "the Hoares sons (or daughters)".

• Like 1

Hoare is an English surname derived from Middle English hor(e) meaning grey- or white-haired. Probably coming from hoarfrost a greyish-white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapour formed in clear still weather on vegetation, fences, etc.

• Informative 2

I had quite a good friend about 20 years ago whose surname was Hoare his first name was Richard although he went by the shortened version Dick. That's right "Dick Hoare"   Sadly when I moved interstate I lost touch with him and by now I would imagine he would be deceased.  He started out as a music student of mine which is a little uncommon because he was in his 70s at the time.   Whilst having a chat after a lesson one week he revealed that he had been a pilot in the RAF in the 50s. It turns out he flew Metoers and Sycamore helicopters amongst other things and ended up as a RAF flying instructor.    We became good friends and eventually, I would go to his house once a week and his granddaughter would come home from school at lunchtime and I would give her a lesson.  He used to put on a fantastic lunch for me and we would hang out for many hours.  Although 30 years my senior he was great to spend time with.  He definitely was not a stereotypical old man

• Like 2
  • Informative 1