Did you know?

red750

Did you know how the F-111 dump and burn began? The dump and burn flight tests were performed due to a concern about fuel dumping at high all-up weights after the loss of one engine, a situation that could require operation of the remaining engine in afterburner.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, pmccarthy said:

He never speaks unless he has something to say. That would be good policy around here!

My mother claimed Irish ancestry and always says that the Irish are allowed to keep talking until they are understood.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

My mother claimed Irish ancestry and always says that the Irish are allowed to keep talking until they are understood.

My mum said of my father that he had kissed the Blarney Stone. He hadn't, but I have.

Edited by pmccarthy
  • Like 1

Did you know?

I live adjacent to a rural highway. On the other side of the road there are lots of trees between the road and the property fence. The other day, I heard someone cutting firewood beside the road. I didn't worry me. Today I learned that the local council ranger had called on the person at their home and informed him that it is an offence with a maximum penalty of $14,000 to remove timber from the area between the road and a property line. Apparently, taking that timber destroys places where native animals live. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

Did you know?

Apparently, taking that timber destroys places where native animals live. 

Wouldn't they be better off living in treed areas AWAY from the highway?  (Roadkill...)

Talking of which, I almost hit an owl on Friday morning when driving early.  He was perched on a flattened wallaby.  I braked for him and he managed to fly off about 2 inches in front of my grille.  First time I've seen one for a while.