Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

OME,

He is a convicted felon, a known fraudster who has demonstrated a clear attitude by his constant utterances and actions-that the law and its officers, jurors and witnesses are to be mocked and targetted with hateful speech. That the law does not apply to him.

He has been found in contempt of court 10 times. Trump was  not jailed for contemptuous behaviour  because of the political storm it would create.

He is also in the same district - New York City, proven in court, a sexual abuser (rapist) to a civilian standard.

He has also clearly formented armed rebellion against his own country, it's Constitution and the rule of law. 

All the above are admissible in any sentencing, in so much as it indicates the propensity of the felon to follow the law or willingly break it. The character of the felon is admissible, that is the basis on which a court makes sentencing decisions.

He has been given incredible leeway by the judge that could not be expected by anyone.  The politics of a electioneering presidential candidate and the division of society are the limiting factor.

He has been given compassion by the court.

To expect him to surrender his weapon,  irrespective of its "residence" is plain common sense.

It is not in any way "unduly harsh" to surrender his remaining weapon within the time given. He could even just have a lackey bring it in a private jet to the court. Or shockingly send it registered post or courier , which is common in the USA.

He has no excuse of difficulty in surrendering the weapon. His personal crap and electioneering are completely irrelevant as they do not on any way affect his ability to meet the order of the court.

OME, I applaud your career and discretion as a officer, but it's not kicking him whilst his down. 

"He is the bloke mouthing off, spitting at your feet and saying he is a sovereign citizen, after you pull him over for beating his wife in a stolen car.

And the officer asks politely can he surrender the shotgun on the backseat."

We should remember the Law , its application and justness in sentencing are meant to be blind to the power and wealth of the citizen.

The only possible justification by a court, not to sentence him to the full extent of the law, is the potential for civil unrest. 

This must not allow a easy ride, as it further erodes the rule of law and deterrence fundamentally. The law must be seen to be done.

On his sentence, I would give him jail or home detention with no external communications, bar strict lawyer and family calls. He has been found guilty of fraudulent manipulation of a federal election.  Or 1000hrs with Sundays off, of picking trash in community service. To allow him total freedom, would allow him to do the exactly same crime, which he has shown extreme contemptuous intent.  Sentencing should always address the criminal behaviour, intent, character, contrition and potential for further criminal behaviour.

He is not a good bloke who had a bad day.

• Agree 1

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit I have only seen this  story here and know nothing about it..  But, I am guessing 14 days is aimed at people who don't travel much.. if he had no reasonable way to get the firearm returned without significant disruption to his schedule, given it is many hundreds of miles away and can't be used by him, I would not be against an order to return it within three days of arriving back in Florida to account for arriving late on a Friday eve of a public holiday.

I would also expect the same to apply to any other felon.. although have to take into account their (and his) mental state and likelihood of using it egregiously.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the literal interpretation to the purpose.. Courts do that all the time

Edited by Jerry_Atrick

I'm very sad.

Trump has committed very many crimes. People have published litanies of his faults, both public and personal.

We all have an opinion of him, but is shouting that opinion to others with the aim of forming theirs something that we would like others to do to us?

What I see is the milk of human kindness turned sour in the breast.

8 hours ago, Litespeed said:

"He is the bloke mouthing off, spitting at your feet and saying he is a sovereign citizen,

Have you walked a yard in my shoes? Have you stood in a Charge Room having some moron yell abuse at you for hours, and not respond with something similar? Have you had the same moron tell another abusive yobbo at a pub disturbance the next Friday to "back off. He's OK'? 

Perhaps I'm the idiot, who can divorce the immediate actions of a person from the day-to-day. Perhaps that inoculation with Christian values I got as a child has made me the village idiot others seem to see me as.

2 minutes ago, octave said:

I think there is a place for understanding and kindness however it does in my opinion rely on contrition and on the ceasing of the bad behaviour. 

Understanding and kindness are unconditional. You can give them and still think of the recipient as a dickhead.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

I have to admit I have only seen this  story here and know nothing about it..  But, I am guessing 14 days is aimed at people who don't travel much.. if he had no reasonable way to get the firearm returned without significant disruption to his schedule, given it is many hundreds of miles away and can't be used by him, I would not be against an order to return it within three days of arriving back in Florida to account for arriving late on a Friday eve of a public holiday.

I would also expect the same to apply to any other felon.. although have to take into account their (and his) mental state and likelihood of using it egregiously.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the literal interpretation to the purpose.. Courts do that all the time

the 14 days was from me.

everything I do with firearms has a 14 day requirement.
if I am not there when the police knock on my door for an inspection, I have 14 days to make myself available for one.

if I have a firearm registered in my name I have 14 days to present the paperwork to the police,
if I change address etc...

22 hours ago, old man emu said:

He was in lawful possession of the firearms up until the first moment the word "guilty" was uttered by the jury foreperson. 

Apologies for going off on a tangent, but here's an example where an inflexible law as it's written is bent for practical purposes. In reference to cannons registered as firearms for re-enactment use, they are registered as category A firearms, the same category as shotguns and rim fire rifles. When constructing a cannon, legally it's just a piece of metal until the primer hole is drilled through to the chamber. Potentially you can be in possession of a piece of metal pipe and a second later when the drill bit breaks through, you are in possession of an unregistered firearm. In reality, there is leeway given for the gunsmith/licensed armourer building the cannon to take the firearm to the police for inspection and registration.

Trump is one very SICK puppy and a threat to a civilised world. I don't hate him but We should be aware of the danger HE poses as the leader of the Most powerful Nation in the world. A position he is clearly UNFIT for. Many rightly and with good reason beieve HE will be more extreme and vengeful the second time around . The bloke needs HELP but the main concern is for Law and order, proper process and the things we take for granted, continuing to protect Individuals. Rights

• Agree 1

Donald Trump is set to execute 40 prisoners in second term 'bloodbath'

Campaigners against capital punishment fear Donald Trump would execute dozens of prisoners if re-elected in the 'largest federal civilian execution spree' in U.S. history. There are currently 40 prisoners on federal death row, which is located at the United States Penitentiary in Terre Haute, Indiana. None have been put to death during Joe Biden's presidency.

See slideshow here.

Former President Donald Trump said on Tuesday if elected, he will ban government policies that “promote” gender-affirming healthcare for people of all ages and enact a law stating that the only genders recognized by the U.S. government are male and female.

Trump released a campaign video on Tuesday about his plan to “protect children from left-wing gender insanity.”

A link to the video on X (Twitter)

“No serious country should be telling its children that they were born with the wrong gender,” Trump says in the video. “Under my leadership, this madness will end.”

In a video released on Trump’s campaign Twitter account, Trump War Room, the former president lists the steps he plans to take if elected president in 2024 to nationally quash gender-affirming care and schooling and any federal funding that goes toward helping Americans medically transition. 

His policy plans include revoking Biden-era policies regarding gender-affirming care, passing a law that states that the only recognized genders are “male” and “female,” an executive order to ensure all federal agencies cease programming that “promotes” gender-affirming care, denouncing doctors who are involved with the physical transition of minors, and investigating hospitals and pharmacy companies for their role in gender-affirming healthcare.

Trump says his plans will “go very quickly” if he’s elected.

In his video, Trump talks about prohibiting the trans-lived experience at all stages of life: He specifically mentions puberty blockers and school teachers that affirm a child’s gender identity, both of which can be seen as precursors to medical and social transitions, respectively. The former president also says he hopes to pass a law that bans children from gender transition without their parents’ consent.

He also stresses that he hopes to “promote positive education about the nuclear family” in schools, or a family structure that includes children dependent on two parents, “the roles of mothers and fathers,” and that “celebrates” the differences between women and men.

And, of course, he talks about children’s sports. Trump says if elected, he will make sure Title IX “prohibits men from participating women’s sports.”

Trump goes on to falsely claim that “the radical left” invented transgender and gender non-conforming people a few years ago.

Almost four hours after its release, Trump’s campaign video had over 208,000 views. It was met with a myriad of replies, including many referencing a photo of Trump holding a pride flag, which was taken when his 2020 campaign released LGBTQ Pride merchandise.

Update 12:03pm CT: Regarding Trump’s remarks on the trans community, Shelby Chestnut, the Executive Director of the Transgender Law Center, said the former president is “attempting to use a group of people as a pawn for his own political ambitions back into relevancy.”

“People of all genders deserve to have a leader who sees and honors their diversity and lived experience and doesn’t use their identity to stoke fear and division in our society,” they told the Daily Dot. “We know that gender-affirming care saves lives and is widely accepted and successful in its implementation.”

Project 2025.

Project 2025 is a policy which dictates that all government positions are filled by loyal Trump sycophants, and any government employee who is not loyal to Trump will be sacked without recourse. Doesn't matter if they are the most qualified, kiss the Don's butt or you are out. 

Here is the story.

I'm beginning to wonder if Trump's rantings are the works of a cunning person, or are in fact indicators of the onset of dementia, and here I use in the medical sense, not the derogatory sense. 

I wonder if there is a requirement for a President-elect to undergo an examination of physical condition before taking office. I know that Roosevelt had mobility problems due to polio, but he was otherwise fit mentally and physically. To be fair, I also have concerns about Biden based on his age. I wonder why the USA has to put forward presidential candidates who are of an age where the rest of the population is looking to retiring from their life's work.

Trump's mental health is now becoming increasingly talked about in the public domain. This video, admittedly by a person who isn't on Donny's side but seems pretty even handed, give an idea of what is becoming a hot topic. 

36 minutes ago, facthunter said:

It's not his Physical condition so much as his MADNESS  Ruthless power seeking and extreme Dangerous ideas. Nev

If you came upon a street-corner speaker saying similar things, wouldn't you form the opinion that the speaker had a mental illness? 

I wonder what might happen if the Party declines to nominate Trump as its candidate and nominates someone holding on to more of the Party's traditions. Not one of Trump's current syncopates, but a real outsider who can see the harm Trump is doing to the Party's chances of gaining political power.

18 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Any one who DARED attempt such a thing would have to leave the USA with a new identity.. Sort of thing the MAFIA does and probably effective in a WHACKO saturated America. Nev

Ay! There's the rub!

• Agree 1

I wish all these brainwashed Republicans would wake up and realise that their grandfathers / great-grandfathers went to Europe and fought a man who shared a great deal of similarity to the one they currently worship.

• Agree 2