Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

10 hours ago, willedoo said:

I seem to remember someone saying they are a handy thing to have in the first aid kit in case of a large puncture wound. It makes sense.

At the age of a lot of us here, we could use that to explain away having a couple of incontinence pads in the boot

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, old man emu said:

At the age of a lot of us here, we could use that to explain away having a couple of incontinence pads in the boot

It's also great for emergency kits because it's a very compact package of kindling for lighting fires with your survival fire-starter or bow drill.  That would also explain why you might keep a few in the boot, just in case. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

2 hours ago, red750 said:

Reasons why Republicans are voting for Harris/Walz.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/republicans-voting-kamala-harris-over-121602297.html

I saw this quote in that article -  " A defeat would break Trump’s grip on the GOP and signal a shift in American politics. It would mean that Trump’s brand of politics no longer holds the same influence, which is crucial for the future of our democracy." It's a good point. Hopefully if he loses that will happen and the Republican Party can rebuild back to their base before Trump and the crazies hijacked the party.

• Agree 1

If you only have four things in a first aid kit..

A pack of tampons to insert into a wound.

A pack of sanitary pads to cover wounds

A large bandage

A tube of super glue to close wounds and stop bleeding. As a bleeder on large warfarin doses, this can be a life saver.

Four simple things and you have a mini military grade kit.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, red750 said:

Reasons why Republicans are voting for Harris/Walz.

https://au.yahoo.com/news/republicans-voting-kamala-harris-over-121602297.html

Reading some of those comments were the equivalent of I voted for Trump twice even though I didn't want to because I couldn't vote for Biden; but I despise Trump so much, I will vote for Harris....

I am not sure what the logic is in that; in terms of ideology, Harris is further away from Republican ideology than Biden. I guess identity politics is alive, and it is only a problem for people when identity politics is pushing a bandwagon that isn't theirs.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I guess they believed Donald when he kept saying Joe was past it, but now, a few years on, Donald is in the same boat.

The rant in Georgia went on for a couple of hours, repeating the same slurs against Harris over and over. "She has to read from a teleprompter - she can't talk. I give her 5 out of ten for reading, one for talking." She'll talk the legs off him, making sense wise. Every second sentance (?) was broken by launching off to something totally unrelated. And as usual, totally self centred.

• Like 2

It must be time to go waay back in the piece, and have a good chuckle at a Trump Parody again - simply because nothing has changed. If anything, Trump has only gotten worse.

Don Caron - Sounds of Silence Trump Parody ....

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

One thing I forgot to mention about Donald's endless rant that shows how far out of touch with reality he is, was the fact that again he went on about what a great man Dr Hannibal Lecktor was, great man, great man.

• Sad 1

I wonder if Thomas Harris, the author of the Hannibal Lecter novels, or the owners of the rights to the novel and/or movie, could actually issue an injunction to prevent Trump using the name. The name should be  protected by copyright.

• Informative 1

In the rally I had on in the background, he picked out (fickle finger of fate), some woman and said :I love you. I love you so much. Somebody explain that to the First Lady. Explain it to Melania."

• Sad 1

Melania will be happy if he loses so she doesn’t have to go back to the White House and pretend she likes being the First Lady. She’s almost as transactional as he is. 

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, rgmwa said:

Melania will be happy if he loses so she doesn’t have to go back to the White House and pretend she likes being the First Lady. She’s almost as transactional as he is. 

She must be, to marry him. There's not much to love.

• Agree 3