Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Both Harris and Walz are 18 years younger than Trump. They are Gen X'ers. Both came from middle-class families. One could say that these things give them both a better rapport with the majority of Americans - the Common People.

• Like 2

When the President gives a serious answer during a one-on-one TV interview, you can bet your bottom dollar that the answer is well considered and reflects the answerer's real opinion. 

See what President Biden said recently about the transfer of power as a result of the upcoming election. See what Biden says at timestamps 0:35 to 0:55 in thi video. 

• Informative 2

Not really a surprise.  Trump will be squealing like a thwarted tanty-throwing baby if it doesn't go his way in November.

I really hope Kamala and her VP pick can keep the momentum going and thrash the arrogant prick.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

The difference between this time and last time is that the Democrats are in power.  This will hopefully mean there will be a strong law enforcement presence and if trouble kicks off, it is likely the order will be immediately given to send in the reinforcements.. So while one can expect there to be trouble, one can also expect it to be met, this time, with the appropriate response.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

it is likely the order will be immediately given to send in the reinforcements..

I don't think that the MAGA mob would show the restraint that has been seen in the unrest in Europe. Sending in the National Guard would most likely be pouring petrol on to a conflagration.

2 hours ago, old man emu said:

I don't think that the MAGA mob would show the restraint that has been seen in the unrest in Europe. Sending in the National Guard would most likely be pouring petrol on to a conflagration.

But what options do they have if angry mobs get out of hand?

Option 1.

Stand back a safe distance and watch the destruction

Option 2.

Bring in reinforcements and subdue the mad mob.

• Sad 1

Obviously, calling in the National Guard would be done on the basis of protecting property, mainly Government property. 

The National Guard is a state-based military force that becomes part of the U.S. military's reserve components of the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force when activated for federal missions. National Guard units are under the dual control of state governments and the federal government. Since State governments have a say in their activities, their use would depend on the political affiliation of the State's government. In the past we have seen National Guard units intervene in political demonstrations. Think of the segregation protests of the late 50s - early 60s and the Kent State massacre of 1970.

The majority of National Guard soldiers and airmen hold a civilian job full-time while serving part-time as a National Guard member. Membership is voluntary. You can imagine that many members of some State units would be Trump supporters. Read into that what you will. Couple that with a pro-Trump State government and you can see the potential for some real civil unrest.

48 minutes ago, old man emu said:

Have you noticed that Trump is beginning to look a bit haggard recently? He's definitely losing weight, which is a sure sign of high stress levels.

image.thumb.jpeg.506b72a4998e56823d6bfe658322d3d8.jpeg

That pic is starting to remind me of Montgomery Burns

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, nomadpete said:

Sending in the National Guard would most likely be pouring petrol on to a conflagration.

I agree, but my point is, what alternatives are available when angry mobs start rioting (or uprising, depending on whose side you are on).

The basic barfight rule would apply to national guard - 'Don't go into a fight unless you know you can win with the first punch.'

Otherwise it degenerates into a war.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, pmccarthy said:

Nah, he's on Ozempic like Jay Leno and many other celebs.

If that was true, I'm sure that we would have seen weight loss in other parts of his body much earlier than this. The reason this latest photo attracted my attention is because I've been seeing pictures of him since the beginning of the New York fraud trial. He had a chubbier face even up to a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

12 minutes ago, Marty_d said:

don't care if he's haggard - I just want him defeated.

His becoming haggard is a sure sign that he's realising that he's about to get annihilated in the election, and when that happens he becomes plain Joe Citizen and his unlawful antecedents will destroy him. He shit scared of that happening. 

His destruction might also mean the destruction of the Party that supports him. Too much has come out about the evil that its leaders and high level supporters have done for the decent Americans to put their support to. We might see the establishment of other parties which would push for American governments to introduce changes in society that would bring the USA into line with the way other world governments work for the general public, not the corporations. Even if that does not happen, the Republicans might be so decimated that the Democrats will be in power for some time.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

I don't think you are taking into account the HATE they have for Commies and lefties" the same thing there IS a  Democrat  Make MONEY and let THEM die is todays Republican who REALLY believes in NO GOVERNMENT and Everyone having lots of Guns. Nev

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I don't think you are taking into account the HATE they have for Commies and lefties"

Big Business has put out the propaganda that anything of benefit to the average person that the government pays for is tantamount to communism. It has been so since the start of the 20th Century. Americans are so ignorant of how the rest of the world lives that they don't realise that they are living in a type of slavery. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

They have deliberately kept it that way by ensuring their education system doesn't include information about the rest of the world and pushing patriotism to the highest level possible. For many years only 10% of Americans had passports. That now exceeds 40% but is very low compared to other countries. Among Trump rusted on MAGA supporters the percentage of passport holders is probably less than 10% & their knowledge of the rest of the world considerably less than that.

• Informative 1

Most of those yanks with a passport would have only ever been to Canada, Mexico or Carribbean islands.

Trump is toast, even he knows he is in big trouble now he has Harris and Walz to beat.

He just agreed to 3 more debates in a desperate moved for votes.

The big hope is enough vote to give a working majority in both houses.

Home town teacher/coach/nice dad/war vet/ governor Walz is a master stroke. The perfect foil from central casting. Harris made Trump stressed, Walz made him shit himself, maybe that's the weight loss.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Litespeed said:

Harris made Trump stressed, Walz made him shit himself, maybe that's the weight loss.

True, he's been so full of it for more years than anyone cares to remember.

• Agree 2

What is this "debate" thing of which you speak? All I've seen recently and at the last election were "hosts" posing a question and letting the candidates talk, hopefully to give an answer to the specific question.

Ti me, a debate is an event where a question is posed and each side speaks for or against the topic of the question. A debate could also allow for each side to put forward a solution but each coming from a different direction.

• Agree 2

In the warped reality of Maga, a debate is a lying match stacked with supporters and no fact checking.

The debates will be a mix of networks apparently NBC ? First then ? And Fox last. The rules unknown as Harris is yet to agree terms and network.

I think 🤔 Harris has the big advantage in been able to dictate more fair rules and make it a actual debate. It's Trump who is wanting 3 debates, so seems rattled and expects to act like the Biden debate and get away with bullshit.

Kamala is a former prosecutor and Attorney General, she knows how to deal with thieves, rapists and frauds. Which is exactly what Trump is, cutting his bullshit with a scalpel will just be the entree.  Three debates is a three course meal of the Hannibal Lector loving sociopath.

The televised debates are meant to be a  real look at the options.

But in Trump's brain 🧠 debate is a chance to masturbate. Kamala will prosecute his arse on camera, while he waves his tiny dick.

Watching JD ( just dumb) Vance debate Tim Walz will be a Teaching moment, as coach tells the nation his game plan. JD will spit the dummy when he realises he forgot to ever train or do homework.

Then he will just show how right wing he is. 

Walz will use the debate to explain why Vance is a fail even as the orange boy.

Need to stock up on 🍺 and 🍿.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, old man emu said:

If that was true, I'm sure that we would have seen weight loss in other parts of his body much earlier than this. The reason this latest photo attracted my attention is because I've been seeing pictures of him since the beginning of the New York fraud trial. He had a chubbier face even up to a few weeks ago. 

It's pixel resolution, less pixels sideways. A common manipulation of original images to make someone look fatter or skinnier.

• Informative 1