Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

3 minutes ago, red750 said:

Here is an example of Paul Murray with Rita Panahi....

It's a good example of DEI in the workplace. Sky not only provides jobs for mentally disabled people, they go straight to the top of the recruitment list.

• Haha 3

This is my favourite part of the debate where Kamala Harris refers to Trump as "this.......former President" from about 1m23sec onward. It shows she can mix a bit of humour with her debating skills.

Edited by willedoo
  • Like 1

The Harris campaign received 47 million in donations in the first 24 hours after the debate. Meanwhile Trump has posted on his Lies Social platform that he won't be participating in a third debate.

Apparently the 47 million in donations came from 600,000 individuals.

Edited by willedoo
  • Informative 1

Kamala Harris doesn't seem to be intimidated by Trump. Before the debate the two had never met and later both were at the 9/11 commemoration. There is video where someone tapped her on the arm to get her to turn around and shake Trump's hand; no doubt at Trump's request. I didn't notice it the original video but someone did a zoomed in version where you could see the handshake. Trump grabbed her hand and pulled it toward him in a purposefully intimidating way but Kamala just yanked his orange hand back toward her then turned back around and ignored the idiot. He was trying to be his usual smart arse self and she made a clown of him. He doesn't want to debate her again so it might be the last time they cross paths.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

I really like Kamala Harris - she seems to have a good blend of leadership, empathy, and a kind of ability to relate to the average person, whatever that really is. Noboy's perfect, because perfection is subjective anyway, but I have a feeling she would give many leaders a good run for their money.

Of course, I may be proven totally wrong, but she can't be worse that bat-ship crazy Trump...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

You know, that call to Make America Great Again is not such a bad thing for a would-be national leader to be encouraging. The only problem with making the call in present day USA is that all that is being done about it is talking. Trump hasn't done anything to push towards greatness for the country. Maybe he should stop waffling and get cracking.

• Sad 1

I'm a member of the Dolphins NRL club and every year they post out a box of promotional merchandise to members. It has the usual stuff like fridge magnets, key rings, stickers and always includes a club cap, the ones you see fans wearing at the football games. Club colours are red (the club is based at Redcliffe) therefore the cap is red. I don't go to matches in person so the only time I wear the Dolphins cap is when I'm yelling loudly at the television. Last year's cap was a two tone colour and in the style of a baseball cap and is very wearable. The 2024 cap is all red, in the shape of an American trucker style cap, identical in shape and colour to the MAGA caps. I refuse to wear it but I'm not the only one. When you see televised home matches where there's lots of Dolphins fans, very few are wearing 2024 caps; most are still wearing last year's caps. We look silly enough wearing any club cap without it resembling a Trump cap.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

On 14/09/2024 at 3:27 PM, willedoo said:

Kamala Harris doesn't seem to be intimidated by Trump. Before the debate the two had never met and later both were at the 9/11 commemoration. There is video where someone tapped her on the arm to get her to turn around and shake Trump's hand; no doubt at Trump's request. I didn't notice it the original video but someone did a zoomed in version where you could see the handshake. Trump grabbed her hand and pulled it toward him in a purposefully intimidating way but Kamala just yanked his orange hand back toward her then turned back around and ignored the idiot. He was trying to be his usual smart arse self and she made a clown of him. He doesn't want to debate her again so it might be the last time they cross paths.

She probably has bigger hands than him so he wouldn't want too many clips of handshakes going viral.

I find it interesting how Kamala was virtually invisible for most of her vice presidency allowing Joe to take the limelight and finish his time after a pretty long and distinguished career. She may not have initially considered running when Joe put his hand up for the almost obligatory 2nd term but she certainly has grabbed the baton and shown the world her obvious capabilities, eloquence and can easily rile Trump into making a fool of himself, though he can do that on his own without assistance.

I read somewhere, might have been here, that it is easy to tell when Trump is lying. He plays the accordion when ever he lies. Since I read that I've noticed he does it almost every time he speaks.

Edited by kgwilson
  • Like 4

I think Trump exceeds Biden in all the failings he accused Biden of. as well as running off at the mouth, which he does excessively, and just as incoherently. Poor old Joe just froze and stared blankly.  I must admit, I'm getting that way a bit myself. I know what I want to say, but sometiimes the words just don't come.

• Sad 1