Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Is there no limit to the stupidity or hypocracy of this man?

He has been protesting for so long about how Chima is stealing jobs from America and how he is going to slap a 100% tarrif on goods imported from China.

Guess where his "God bless America" bibles are printed.  Hangzhou, Zhejiang province.

Their import documents show their value as just under $3 per copy, but Mr MAGA is selling them for $59.99 per copy, $1000 per copy if signed.

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

"Hypocrisy" often refers to advocating behaviors that one does not practice. If we harken back to the proofs of a criminal offence, then "advocating behaviours" is akin to the concept of mens rea.  Mens rea refers to criminal intent. The literal translation from Latin is "guilty mind." So there has to be a degree of knowledge, not lack of knowledge.

Stupidity is a lack of intelligence, understanding, reason, or wit, an inability to learn. It may be innate, assumed or reactive.

In Trump's case, I'd say that his stupidity outweighs his hypocrisy.

• Agree 1

Refer to the title of this thread.....

But I LIKE Donald Trump.

We'd better at least get accustomed to his face, even if we don't particularly like the man (or his backers/followers). Let's see how far US of A slides down the 'broken democracy' ladder after November?

• Sad 1

A former top general in Donald Trump’s administration ”warned former colleagues” about the Republican presidential nominee’s temperament and called him a ”total fascist.”

Former chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley was quoted in Bob Woodward’s upcoming book, War, as saying Trump is “the most dangerous person ever” who could not control his authoritarian tendencies while in the White House.

“I had suspicions when I talked to you about his mental decline and so forth, but now I realize he’s a total fascist,” Milley told Woodward, reported The Guardian. “He is now the most dangerous person to this country.”

Milley told Woodward that Trump is a “walking, talking advertisement of what he’s going to try to do,” recalling a 2020 Oval Office meeting in which Trump “yelled” and “shouted” about wanting to court marshall former generals who criticized him in the press.

Milley was apparently able to cool Trump down, but he fears others won’t be so lucky if Trump clinches a second White House term. Upon his retirement, Milley said he has received “a non-stop barrage of death threats” since his retirement last year and fears he could become a target again.

“No one has ever been as dangerous to this country,” said Milley.

Milley similarly warned of Trump’s lack of restraint in a 2023 interview with The Atlantic, adding that Trump “will start throwing people in jail” if left unchecked. The magazine just endorsed Kamala Harris for president.

Still Milley said he has “a lot of confidence in the general officer corps” and “confidence in the American people.”

He told The Atlantic, “The United States of America is an extraordinarily resilient country, agile and flexible, and the inherent goodness of the American people is there. I’ve always believed that, and I will go to my grave believing that.”

• Informative 2

Trump held a rally in California on private property where the nearest parking was four to six miles away. They provided twenty buses to bus in thousands of people in from the parking to the rally then left them stranded there when it finished. The rally finished at 7.00pm and thousands were still there in the dark at 10pm with only one bus provided for the return trip.

• Sad 1

Videos posted on X, formerly Twitter, show a large number of people waiting in line after the rally. One, filmed from a bus departing the venue, has what appears to be a bus driver shouting to those waiting telling them that this is the last bus, with another passenger saying: "No more buses, they just got notice." --Newsweek, 10/14/2024

• Informative 2

6 minutes ago, red750 said:

And you're a genius??Karmalatruck.thumb.jpg.b84dfdba25c6cbdd29e2e3d1a434f6a3.jpg

Something tells me that photo is heavily shopped. 

• The truck is going in the opposite direction to a car on the same side of the barrier
  • What language are the road signs in?
  • Look closely at the cars on the other side of the road (travelling in the same direction as the truck) - there's some weird things happening with them
  • The far side of the road seems to stop just behind the middle sign
  • Road itself and shadows under the truck are stylised, not realistic
  • The truck has 4 exhaust pipes, the front 2 going in different directions
  • The "american" flag on the top of the truck seems to have stripes above the stars as well as below (and more foreign writing)
  • Agree 1