Don't get me wrong here, But I LIKE Donald Trump.

Phil Perry

Latest definitive statement from the FBI as reported in the SMH:

“What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the agency said in a statement.

So it was definitely a bullet but possibly a fragment. Mystery solved.

• Informative 1

3 hours ago, rgmwa said:

What struck former President Trump in the ear was a bullet, whether whole or fragmented into smaller pieces, fired from the deceased subject’s rifle,” the agency said in a statement.

In the final washup, that statement is sums up the evidence a Trial would have heard had the shooter been brought to Trial. Clearly the motive of the shooter was to injure someone.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the shooter was trying to even the score with some from the local area and whom the shooter knew would be at the rally.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, old man emu said:

In the final washup, that statement is sums up the evidence a Trial would have heard had the shooter been brought to Trial. Clearly the motive of the shooter was to injure someone.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the shooter was trying to even the score with some from the local area and whom the shooter knew would be at the rally.

Latest I've heard on motive is that the shooter possibly just wanted to make as big a spectacle as possible.

He'd been researching school shooters, was bullied all through school, etc - the classic profile of a mass shooter.

Killing Trump would have caused the biggest news in the world, so that was possibly his goal.

• Informative 1

Trump's nephew, Fred who is the son of Trump's elder brother and Mary's brother, just told the People what an absolute arsehole Donald is towards the close members of the Trump family.

Fred Jnr has a severely disabled son who has been getting financial support from some sort of Trump controlled Trust Fund. When Trump was in Office, Fred was lobbying Trump for support for people with extreme disability. Trump's response was that people like that should just die. (Deja Vu of Hitler's attitude to the same people?) Later when the Trust Fund was running low, Fred asked Trump to allocate some more money. Trump's response? "He (Fred's son) doesn't even recognise you. He should just die." No money was forthcoming.

• Sad 2

The net favourable rating of Trump's running mate JD Vance has gone from minus 6 to minus fifteen in the space of a week.

Meanwhile, Trump's appearance at the National Association of Black Journalists in Chicago didn't go too well.

The titles on the videos that are coming to me via the YouTube algorithm are suggesting that Trump is becoming a laughing stock as people watch his attempts to garner support from the Silent Majority. However, what I get might be one-sided because I don't look at pro-Trump MAGA stuff and the algorithm doesn't throw up things that you don't normally look at.

• Informative 2
  • Sad 1

In a recent Kamala video, John Farnham's "You're the Voice" has been featured. "We're not going to live in silence, we're not going to live with fear - You're the voice." Lots of positive comment on soshul meja.

• Informative 1

2 hours ago, pmccarthy said:

You mean you don't believe there was a second shooter on the water tower and a third in the window?

Does that mean there was 2 bad shots amongst the gun toting fools 

• Like 1

As annoying as it is that the fool is still alive, I think it would be better for American democracy if he lives and soundly loses the next election, than be a martyr to his rabid followers who would probably have rampaged and broken it fully if he had been killed.

If he fades into obscurity (he'll always have the gong for worst US president ever), then hopefully his influence will fade too.  If he were shot at the height of his blustering and rabble-rousing then his name would go down as the patron saint of the republican party.

Of course, if he wins the election that's possibly the worst outcome.  Followed by a VERY close loss which causes more uprisings.

• Agree 4

Even if he loses, unless it's in a clear landslide which is probably unlikely, he will again say the election was rigged and stolen. His followers will believe him and he won't go quietly. On the other hand if he wins, chances are it will be due to his cronies in the swing states who have been plotting in the background for months and who WILL have rigged the outcome in his favour.

• Agree 2

Like a case of piles, he won't be easy to get rid of. If he loses this election, at the 2028 election he will be the same age as Biden would have been going into the 2024 election, so if his health holds it will be like a stuck record. The only thing is that if he loses two elections in a row, his star might start to fade in the Republican Party. But not if If it's a close call and they maintain the stolen election claim. In that case, the legend will continue to grow in their small, confused minds.

The other alternative is that he wins the election, the world suffers the fool for another four years, then he can't run again. If that happens, he will still have a lot of sway over the Republican Party beyond 2028, but the next candidate wouldn't have the god/rock star status of Trump. In that case it would be up to the Democrats to beat them on policy. I think it will be a lot of years before the Republican Party returns to it's former self as it was before the crazies hijacked the party. The Republican Party of Reagan and the like is unrecognisable in this current crop of fruit loops.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, willedoo said:

the world suffers the fool for another four years, then he can't run again

I don't think that's correct. I believe that a person can't serve three consecutive terms, but if there is a gap, then the count starts afresh.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1